New to DJI drones

Reaction score
Hi everyone: I just purchased a DJI phantom 1.1.1 with and extra battery and 4 double A batteries for the remote and a rapid quick charger, the extra battery and double AA's and charger were free. I have also have a AR drone 2.0, which is in the reair shop as we speak LOL. I think i will love these birds better.

My question is, since the 1.1.1 version has the Naza-M V2 flight controller and GPS in it, will it work with DJI pilot app or the DJI Ultimate Flight w/GS app? I found on the DJI site that the groundcontrol and the ground control for the Ipad users is compatible with the Naza-M V2 controller inside the drone. Can anyone shed some light on this subject. Also i looked a bit further and according to the info i found the 1.1.1 version the phantom 2 and the phantom vision all have the same Naza controller in them.

Cheers

Andy

The DJI Pilot app is only for the Inspire or the P3. The Vision app is only for the Vision models. The Groundstation app is only for the models with the Groundstation hardware add-on attached.

You should familiarize yourself with the Naza Assistant app that you can download from DJI's P1 website. Also, the RC Assistant app. If you have a PC, you also need to download the USB driver.

If you swap out your P1 mainboard for a P1 Upgrade board or P2 mainboard, you can add either a Vision camera (which includes wifi), or a Vision Plus wifi module (and some other camera) and then make use of the Vision app. If you add the Groundstation hardware, you can use that app or PC program.

You can also just add a video camera, OSD, and video tx/rx system to get FPV video and telemetry with even less delay (wifi adds a bit of delay).

You are looking at a lot of DYI upgrades with the phantom 1.1.1 to get features like FPV and waypoints like the Pilot app. Many on here have done upgrades, so if you are up to the challenge dive into the forum!

Ok thanks guys, Is there a way to get waypoint flying without the FPV for now, Not sure im new to some of the lingo in here, what is a CAN-hub. If someone could give me link to all that i need to get autotonomous flight and FPV. Not worried about the FPV right now, i have a Hero 4 silver coming, so i can take lots of aerial shots and when the drone is done flying check them out on my hero or my smartphone. Could not pass up the price of 349 to get the phantom 1.1.1 with the extras from B&H.

Autonomous and waypoint are features of the Vision or Vision plus, technically possible as per the response a few above to swap components.
For fpv you will need to add a tramsmitter to the phantom and a receiver/monitor to the remote, roughly
I would suggest your best bet would be to fly it and have fun. If you get addicted find $999 for a Vision 3...Or put it on the Christmas present list!

Autonomous and waypoint are features of the Vision or Vision plus, technically possible as per the response a few above to swap components.
For fpv you will need to add a tramsmitter to the phantom and a receiver/monitor to the remote, roughly
I would suggest your best bet would be to fly it and have fun. If you get addicted find $999 for a Vision 3...Or put it on the Christmas present list!

Hey thanks, i was just curious, i am going to have fun flying the phantom, compared to the AR Drone 2.0 i think it is way better thats for sure. I will eventually get a new drone and like you say be able to do the autotonomous and FPV feature.

The Groundstation Data Link will be one path to get to autonomous flying. You will also need to add a CAN-bus port, by one of 3 methods:
- Get PMU V2.
- Get P1 Upgrade board
- Get P2 Main board.
It's also possible to find the P2V+ wifi module and antennas (to use the Groundstation from the Vision App). You'd still need a P1 Upgrade board or a P2 Main board.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic