New to commercial flying

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the commercial side of flying and looking to get into professional aerial photography, mapping, agriculture, and inspections. I was initially looking at the Mavic Enterprise Dual but this seems overkill and I am now thinking more the Phantom 4 Pro because they are more rugged and are an all-rounder. Interested to hear other people thoughts. Thanks.

I have never seen a M2E, so I can't comment on that. You should know that the P4Ps have been discontinued. I do my work with my P4P and it has never failed me. If I were to buy it right now, I would look into and consider other drones as well. You want an investment that will last you the longest without being outdated and meets all your business needs.

If you believe that the P4P meets all your needs, then by all means get one. You won't go wrong with one.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Hi All,

I am new to the commercial side of flying and looking to get into professional aerial photography, mapping, agriculture, and inspections. I was initially looking at the Mavic Enterprise Dual but this seems overkill and I am now thinking more the Phantom 4 Pro because they are more rugged and are an all-rounder. Interested to hear other people thoughts. Thanks.
I will second that! My P4P drones are workhorses and never fail me. I have needed to use my Mavic Air once to get into an extremely small space but otherwise, the P4P is dependable and gives great results.

There are P4P drones available in great condition on the used market and some vendors still have brand new in inventory. I would pick one up.

Hi All,

One of the most over looked reasons to get the Phantom 4 is the easy hand catch compared to the Mavic 2 .
The other reason that we are finding is that the Phantom 4 has a better visual presentation.

Despite all that goodness, the Phantom is on Death Row which means so is the Software updates, because of that the Mavic 2 is going to be the better option with all that you need the drone to do for commercial work.

Get the Mavic 2 Zoom , skip the Accessories of the Rescue unit and or dual camera and get a Mavic 2 Wet Suit so you can fly every day rain or shine, that will put the most amount of money in your pocket .

I also would opt for the Smart Controller once they are caught up on software.

They are both a good choice , but one is really that smarter of the two. Either way the Wet Suits will give you an extra edge in negotiating the weather.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl