New Skydio 2 is out

By the time you guys figure out it's worth, it will be next year until you are allowed to get one. It has 6x 45MP 200° cameras that talk to each with an NVidia AI GPU well developed for OA, 4K60 13 stop camera processing system, etc. State-of-the-art technology made by MIT engineers and others.

Last edited:
By the time you guys figure out it's worth, it will be next year until you are allowed to get one. It has 6x 45MP 200° cameras that talk to each with an NVidia AI GPU well developed for OA, 4K60 14 stop camera processing system, etc. State-of-the-art technology made by MIT engineers and others.
Made in USA. No DJI. 4K-60FPS, and 360 obstacle avoidance. What's not to love? I put a $100.00 deposit on it as soon as I saw it.....

Made in USA. No DJI. 4K-60FPS, and 360 obstacle avoidance. What's not to love? I put a $100.00 deposit on it as soon as I saw it.....

I don't really need another drone but I knew the backorders would be 2 years long and if I get a lot of money I would be on a massive waitlist.

I'm pretty excited to give it a try, but second guessing my pre-order at the same time. I don't really do anything where the tracking would be useful, but the autonomy looks impressive and I like shiny new exciting things. I should be in for the initial November batch if I keep it. I have a Phantom 4 Pro v2 so the image quality there is likely superior, but the HDR video would be very useful for a video noob such as myself. Anyone want to talk me into or out of keeping my pre-order?

Reactions: dronesky
I'm pretty excited to give it a try, but second guessing my pre-order at the same time. I don't really do anything where the tracking would be useful, but the autonomy looks impressive and I like shiny new exciting things. I should be in for the initial November batch if I keep it. I have a Phantom 4 Pro v2 so the image quality there is likely superior, but the HDR video would be very useful for a video noob such as myself. Anyone want to talk me into or out of keeping my pre-order?
I'd like to talk to your thoughts about comparing your P4P to the Skydio 2 ⛏ your brains so to speak :) After you get it of course

No I really don't want to talk You out Your keeping the pre-order. Hope You got it soon so we can read about Your experiences.
About my wondering why they have chosen to let the front propellers pointing downward. I think they do that because they don't want that the propellers shall come in view in the camera when the drone drop the nose when it flies fast.

No I really don't want to talk You out Your keeping the pre-order. Hope You got it soon so we can read about Your experiences.
About my wondering why they have chosen to let the front propellers pointing downward. I think they do that because they don't want that the propellers shall come in view in the camera when the drone drop the nose when it flies fast.
From what I've read, it's to allow the top 4k cameras a clear view of the sky...

Actually an impressive little bird but I fear it will be too limited with just WiFi control.
Here's hoping it will support missions and waypoints.

I have a P4 and love it. Wanting to upgrade to the mavic 2 pro but this Skydio 2 has me interested. I want a better camera than what I have so that says the M2P but reports say the S2 has a very similar camera and has WAY between autonomy than the M2P. So what to do? First world problems at its finest lol.

I have a P4 and love it. Wanting to upgrade to the mavic 2 pro but this Skydio 2 has me interested. I want a better camera than what I have so that says the M2P but reports say the S2 has a very similar camera and has WAY between autonomy than the M2P. So what to do? First world problems at its finest lol.

M2P is going to be $1,379 on Black Friday. You won't be able to get the Skydio 2 until next year at the minimum.

So I was looking for info on the mavic 3 and it shows info similar but better than the skydio. It will be worth waiting for the M3

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl