New Skydio 2 is out

Yay, American made. Interesting design, hope it sells. ? No legs makes takeoff and landing a little awkward though.

Reactions: dronesky
Heres another one with no landing gear from FAA email looks like its where were headed maybe

UPS Drone Delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Both of those drones look like they would start propdusting if they landed in a breeze. I love the program features and the 360° force field around a drone like a protective bubble. Otherwise, not particularly impressed with the drone itself. The app would be great on an M2P.

• Haha
Heres another one with no landing gear from FAA email looks like its where were headed maybe

UPS Drone Delivery
I can’t read the insignia. Any idea what it is? Anyhoo, competition doesn’t hurt. Wonder how much the Skydio 2 is going to be with the extras, like controller. With DJI going up up up$, this will sell, if $ right. And USA. IMO

I can’t read the insignia. Any idea what it is? Anyhoo, competition doesn’t hurt. Wonder how much the Skydio 2 is going to be with the extras, like controller. With DJI going up up up$, this will sell, if $ right. And USA. IMO
No idea who made that drone the Skydio 2 shows $999.00 so just over a grand

It does not need a remote to fly, so the controller is an add on. At least that’s what it shows on the site. Without it you can’t get 3.5 km. Ouch 1.5 km with the stick control.

Was just showing another picture of drone without landing gear wasn't trying to compete with ya but I did post before you;)
The article you edited out of your post was what I was referring to so just started a thread on it. That was all.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao Announces FAA Certification of UPS Flight Forward as an Air Carrier
WASHINGTON – U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Elaine L. Chao today announced the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) awarded air carrier and operator certification to an unmanned aircraft system (UAS, or drone) delivery company, UPS Flight Forward.
“This is a big step forward in safely integrating unmanned aircraft systems into our airspace, expanding access to healthcare in North Carolina and building on the success of the national UAS Integration Pilot Program to maintain American leadership in unmanned aviation,” said U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.
Through the Department’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Integration Pilot Program (IPP), the FAA has now approved a Part 135 operating certificate for UPS Flight Forward. This allows the company to perform revenue-generating package delivery activities within federal regulations. UPS Flight Forward may now operate multiple drones under one certificate. Under Part 135, the company can deliver vital healthcare supplies including by flying beyond visual line of sight.
As a participant in the U.S. Transportation Department’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Pilot Program, the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) partnered with UPS Flight Forward. As the operator, they have been engaged in delivery of healthcare supplies around a major hospital campus in Raleigh, North Carolina. The flights have focused on the delivery of blood for potentially life-saving transfusions, as well as other medical samples for lab work.
The company demonstrated that its operations met the FAA’s rigorous safety requirements to qualify for an air carrier certificate. This is based on extensive data and documentation, as well as test flights. Visit our website for more information about the UAS IPP.

UPS Drone Delivery
This one. ;)

It does not need a remote to fly, so the controller is an add on.
Sorry Capt KO I didn't catch that:rolleyes: like I generally do gonna let the first buyers be guinea pigs will see what they say but like you done said it is U.S. made

Reactions: Capt KO
I wrote this questions to the company and they answered that take off and landing will be OK on an even surface. If there isn't, they suggest to use the case Skydio2 comes in. They also told me that there will be more tutorials on their support site and youtube channel in the future.
I have been thinking about the two props facing downwards. Why? Anyone have an idea?

I think it’s for the upward sensors for that 360 bubble of protection. Either that or it’s so it looks cool upside down, it would look the same but go down real fast. ???

Looking at their photo on the site page. 2 props up and to props down and no legs.
How do you
a) launch it
b) land it

Update: never mind, I watched one of their videos, I see the battery gives it a belly to sit on.
2 props down so they don’t get in the way of the camera is what their site says.

The drone seems to have super good obstacle avoidance, 360 degrees I read. But.... if you don't want to do active track or follow me what would you use it for? Just wondering how it is to fly around with its controller only, not follow anything. I'm sure there will be reviews for that soon.

The drone seems to have super good obstacle avoidance, 360 degrees I read. But.... if you don't want to do active track or follow me what would you use it for? Just wondering how it is to fly around with its controller only, not follow anything. I'm sure there will be reviews for that soon.
Plenty of reviews. You can use your phone as a controller.

Wondering how it transmits. The operator was able to stay behind trees for quite a while without losing signal. Something similar to ocusync I guess.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik