New Product: Drone Crates Phantom Battery Case

Reaction score
Hi guys we are happy to show off our new Phantom Battery Case (works with both Phantom 2 & 3 Batteries). We posted earlier in the forum and took your feedback into account and here is what we came up with.

DJI_PHANTOM_BATTERY_CASE_4__54331.jpg

DJI_PHANTOM_BATTERY_CASE_1__93431.jpg

DJI_PHANTOM_BATTERY_CASE_2__57310.jpg
DJI_PHANTOM_BATTERY_CASE_3__62881.jpg

Drone Crates Phantom Battery Case Features:

• Premium Fireproof Foam Insert (Fully Encapsulates Batteries)
  • Made In The USA
  • Single Carry Handle
  • Airline Carry Compatible
  • Molded-In Padlock Holes To Secure Its Contents – (Works with Standard Size Master Locks and TSA Approved Locks)
  • Mil Spec Outer Shell Used By The US Military
  • Fully Air Tight With Automatic Air Pressure Purge System
  • Water Resistant
  • Water-Jet Cut Foam Insert – No Cheap Die Cutting
  • CAD Designed For Optimal Fitment
  • Lifetime Guarantee – We Fully Stand Behind All Of Our Products
Case Holds The Following:

(1)) DJI Phantom 2 or Phantom 3 Batteries

(1) Cavity Accessory Storage Slot - Perfect for chargers or multi-chargers

Case Exterior Dimensions:

15” x 12” x 9.5”

More Details Here: DJI Phantom Battery Case

PREORDER Now Available With Shipping First Week of October.

For Phantom Pilots Members we will be doing a discount of $10 off the first 25 orders. Simply use the following coupon code at checkout:

PP10OFF

Questions & Comments welcome as always!

Kris w/ Drone Crates

I wonder how many people that own Phantoms have more than 10 batteries. (If you assume that the typical Phantom case stores 1 to 4 batteries.)
It will be nice to have a cheap Phantom case or a cheap foam insert sold by itself! I would bet that you will sell a lot of those!

Is it fully water proof or just water resistant? I read both on the store page.

I wonder how many people that own Phantoms have more than 10 batteries. (If you assume that the typical Phantom case stores 1 to 4 batteries.)
It will be nice to have a cheap Phantom case or a cheap foam insert sold by itself! I would bet that you will sell a lot of those!

Problem is the cost of the Foam. Fire rated foam is expensive so from a cost perspective weather it held 4 batteries or 10 the price wasn't much different. Also we are limited on case shells that have the depth to hold the batteries correctly. We looked at alternative cases to lay the batteries vertical and they ended up be almost the same size as this one, and held only 5 batteries at a cost of about $10 less. In our opinion it simply isn't worth it. Finally we wanted a case the would hold at least 6-7 batteries as that's what our roller case holds and if people wanted to check that we wanted a case that would hold all the batteries.

Is it fully water proof or just water resistant? I read both on the store page.

We need to update it to clarify that as everyone uses them interchangeably. They are water tight meaning that if you submerge them they would keep all the water out of the interior. They have been tested and submerged at a depth of 3ft.

Problem is the cost of the Foam. Fire rated foam is expensive so from a cost perspective weather it held 4 batteries or 10 the price wasn't much different. Also we are limited on case shells that have the depth to hold the batteries correctly. We looked at alternative cases to lay the batteries vertical and they ended up be almost the same size as this one, and held only 5 batteries at a cost of about $10 less. In our opinion it simply isn't worth it. Finally we wanted a case the would hold at least 6-7 batteries as that's what our roller case holds and if people wanted to check that we wanted a case that would hold all the batteries.

Yeah, but I have three batteries. I'd buy a box that held four, I'm not going to buy one that is three times the size that I need. The suggestion to make different sizes is a good one, even if the price points are the same.

Yeah, but I have three batteries. I'd buy a box that held four, I'm not going to buy one that is three times the size that I need. The suggestion to make different sizes is a good one, even if the price points are the same.

I totally understand. The problem is the case it's self will not be any smaller, unless we went to some cheap shell that didn't offer it to be water tight and crush proof, and we wouldn't be able to offer our standard lifetime warranty on it. We just where not OK sacrificing the quality.

We could offer a version of this case that has similar row of 5 batteries, and a larger or two large accessory cavities but it would still use the same case.

How about the same size case with holes for four batteries and room for other stuff. I have a dji case for my phantom but can't fit the props, the iPad or the sun shade in the box. If these fitted it would be perfect.

How about the same size case with holes for four batteries and room for other stuff. I have a dji case for my phantom but can't fit the props, the iPad or the sun shade in the box. If these fitted it would be perfect.

The case isnt deep enough due the fact that the batteries are fully encapsulated to fit an iPad (might fit a 7" but not a Air). I can currently fit my sunshade in the accessory cavity currently without issue, as well as the charger, and Inspire 1 lanyard (which is larger then most).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20