new pilot

Reaction score
hi guys just upgraded to a phantom 3 standard from a bugs 5w first flight tomorrow paid £170 second hand for it its immaculate checked everything and all works as it should anything i need to know before i fly it ?

I've had my P3S since they were first released. Though kinda old, still a good bird, good video, and does everything I want it to. You'll enjoy yours. 1) Go fly it and get comfortable with flying and maneuvering it before you concentrate on photos and videos 2) learn to fly both GPS and ATTI 3) If it flies well, don't be tempted to upgrade; no longer supported by DJI so updates mostly to add flight restrictions. I have NEVER applied an update and my old bird flies great. 4) always take off with fully charged batteries 5) watch battery level: bring it home around 30% to be safe 6) avoid flying over water or around trees until you are skilled 7) read the online manual on the DJI site - twice or more; watch a few YouTube videos 8) don't get distracted while flying 9) don't fly in winds over 20mph 10) did I mention stay away from trees? They eat Phantoms. Depth perception at first can be deceiving. Good luck and good flying.

Reactions: OOO and andy.spilos
i have an fpv rave drone so flying manual is second nature before the drones i flew rc 600 helis so not a novice to the concept

Here we are again- "not fly over water" !
What's the difference?
Otherwise good instructions.
Fly safe!

All the YouTube videos you would ever want to see. You can find everything you want and don't want. And repairs when they go bump in the night. Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: davie edgar
I too recently bought a P3s and must say it is so easy to fly in GPS mode and very rewarding I feel. The pics and video are good quality. I just installed the magic power mod to see if it'll help with video signal cutting out. Other than that no issues!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20