New phone and can't get dji app to work

Reaction score
I got a new phone and was going to use it to take some pictures but I can't get it to work. I had the dji app on the old phone and it was transferred over to the new one. I was just going to uninstall it and and reinstall it and see if that worked. Any thing special I should do.,

I had the dji app on the old phone and it was transferred over to the new one. I was just going to uninstall it and and reinstall it and see if that worked. Any thing special I should do.,
We usually suggest to sync flights first, then delete app, then reinstall app, then sync flights again to restore them. That is of course if you are interested in keeping your flights. If not, then disregard. :)

Good luck.

Last edited:
I got a new phone and was going to use it to take some pictures but I can't get it to work. I had the dji app on the old phone and it was transferred over to the new one. I was just going to uninstall it and and reinstall it and see if that worked. Any thing special I should do.,
You failed to mention which aircraft you're using. If it's a P3S, be sure your old phone is turned off and/or not within range of the controller. Otherwise, the wi-fi from controller may connect with the old phone and not the new one.

This is a stupid question but do you use the same information off the old phone on the new. I also use a tablet and everything is working ok on it. One thing that doesn't help is I am not sure of my password. I put in I forgot password and it says it is sending a link to my email to change my password. When I got to the link it doesn't do anything so I don't know how I am supposed to change it. Should my username and password be on my tablet. Do ID have to have aircraft and controller on to set up my new phone . I can't remember.

This is a stupid question but do you use the same information off the old phone on the new. I also use a tablet and everything is working ok on it. One thing that doesn't help is I am not sure of my password. I put in I forgot password and it says it is sending a link to my email to change my password. When I got to the link it doesn't do anything so I don't know how I am supposed to change it. Should my username and password be on my tablet. Do ID have to have aircraft and controller on to set up my new phone . I can't remember.

Yes, you want your new phone to have the software and logged in to your DJI account via the app. If you can't remember the password, you can re-set which you say you tried via your phone. Sounds like a browser issue on the device used to open the link. I would try that link again using a different device, perhaps a desk top computer using windows or mapple ios. Your user name will be displayed on the device that is working, however, the password will not display unless you are trying to login. Keep in mind if you do change your password your tablet will need the new password as well.

Once you get the password situation squared away, you should be good to go. You don't need the aircraft or controller until you're ready to test it out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I may just well enough alone. I will fool around an acre up the tablet then I will be in a fix. There is one guy here in town that flies. A phantom se I think. I believe he is pretty good with stuff like this. I am terrible.i may see if I can get with him. You would think I wouldn't lose the pass word. I think I got the password mixed up with the phantompilots forum or something. Thanks for the help.

What part of the app won't work? If you let people know where along the process it's stumbling at, someone may have had similar issues and know a specific fix

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj