New Phantom in the river...

• Thread starter Deleted member 19326
  • Start date
It is basically Phantom guts in a waterproof shell. Working on a waterproof gimbal now.

Unfortunatelly mine is already in the water for 5 days!

What you could try is getting yourself a strong retriever magnet on a rope (got mine from a sailing/boating hardware store which you find in most harbours). I even managed to find and retrieve my lost car keys in the lake that way. I never expected to find them but after the 20th try (maybe more) they were stuck to the magnet. Good chance that you get it back this way provided the current didn't wash it away too far. But I would start where it landed and work downstream.

http://www.harborfreight.com/retrieving-magnet-150-lb-pull-36904.html

I had two fresh water crashes, both pilot error. 1st was in 5' of water for about 10 minutes. Fried the gopro battery and left a small hazy spot on inside of lens, but everything else survived. Next one was in water about 30 minutes and ruined the gopro and Phantom battery, but after drying and new battery, it still flew. I am glad I saw this post cause I will get the "Getter Back" to attach to Phantom when I need to fly over water. In both my crashes I came very close to giving up search trying to find with my feet, even using scuba mask didn't help because of murky water. So theres hope if you can find it.

ussvertigo said:
I had two fresh water crashes, both pilot error. 1st was in 5' of water for about 10 minutes. Fried the gopro battery and left a small hazy spot on inside of lens, but everything else survived. Next one was in water about 30 minutes and ruined the gopro and Phantom battery, but after drying and new battery, it still flew. I am glad I saw this post cause I will get the "Getter Back" to attach to Phantom when I need to fly over water. In both my crashes I came very close to giving up search trying to find with my feet, even using scuba mask didn't help because of murky water. So theres hope if you can find it.

For my own selfish learning purposes, and if you dont mind too much, can you expand on what went wrong to cause the crashes ?
Thanks

Yes i do it every time before a flight!

Unless you're flying in different regions or the quad is acting erratic, you're not supposed to keep re-calibrating every time. You are risking screwing up an already properly calibrated quad. Did you get all the proper light sequences?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik