New Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi all.

After months researching which drone was for me my wife kindly under my advice purchased my new phantom 4 ........after reading instructions and preflight for days, couldn't wait to get in the air. My newly purchased Samsung tab A 6 seemed to have other ideas....terrible camera transmission interference and almost impossible to take off let alone fly. Seems like I missed an important bit of research here and didn't look at what tabs are compatible. I'm grounded .....is there anything You guys and girls can suggest....I fear an ipad mini 2 may need to be purchased but I'm unable to return the Samsung as just out of return policy, so funds are tight.... can anyone help ?....or am I just missing something here.

I just purchased a Samsung Tab A 8" and had to reboot everything.
Flew it tonight for a short while with no problems.
Gotta wait for daylight tomorrow to further report on camera vs screen capabilities.

Just wanted you to know it had me reboot all devices.

Hi all.

After months researching which drone was for me my wife kindly under my advice purchased my new phantom 4 ........after reading instructions and preflight for days, couldn't wait to get in the air. My newly purchased Samsung tab A 6 seemed to have other ideas....terrible camera transmission interference and almost impossible to take off let alone fly. Seems like I missed an important bit of research here and didn't look at what tabs are compatible. I'm grounded .....is there anything You guys and girls can suggest....I fear an ipad mini 2 may need to be purchased but I'm unable to return the Samsung as just out of return policy, so funds are tight.... can anyone help ?....or am I just missing something here.

Sorry to hear that! Man I feel your pain.
I purchased two Samsung tablets before I bought my iPad mini 4.
I lost money on both of them. One sold on eBay.
One returned and hit with a restocking fee of $70.
I guess it's the new android marshmallow version that has a conflict.
Sure wouldn't have been nice to know 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I guess it's the new android marshmallow version that has a conflict.
Sure wouldn't have been nice to know 3 months ago
There are numerous threads on here and DJI Forums pointing to the latest DJI P4 RC Firmware update being the cause of this video streaming issue with Android. The Android version is not the issue. Apparently rolling back the RC firmware to v1.0.6? fixes the issue.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Hi Jason.
Why is it nearly impossible to take off? You can fly with out a mobile device.
......I guess I can fly but have no video transmission, so feel this isn't why I spent over £1200....people talk about rolling back the firmware but does anyone actually know if Samsung A6 runs with a phantom 4 ?.....help

iPad mini 2 Dedicated to the P4 will be outstanding , you can now pick up a cellular version for under 200 used in like new conditions.

Dji and Apple just Work, there is a partnership between them and everything works great with Apple Products. You don't have to activate anything but a iCloud account with your new Apple device, I would not set up any other mail account or contacts, games, etc. just use it to do what you need threw Dji Go

The Samsung Tab A 8" has initial interference but that clears after a few moments.
I also noticed that my p4 came with a cracked lens cover. I removed that and Will buy the screw on filters.
After updates are you still having problems?
With all three on I find that I have to reboot the remote in order for it to recognize the p4, getting it off the inspire.
......I guess I can fly but have no video transmission, so feel this isn't why I spent over £1200....people talk about rolling back the firmware but does anyone actually know if Samsung A6 runs with a phantom 4 ?.....help

I love my iPad Mini 4 cellular, but I can't tell you if it is the best choice out there. It would malfunction when I'd fly in the heat of summer, but it would work as advertised once it cooled down. There are stores and online sites where these devices are sold used at pretty good prices, so I'd do that after deciding on a model.

Still using the Tab A 8" but I added those $19.99 reflective range extenders.
They have helped the signal enormously.
My recording signal is much better (screen wise) anyway.
Also picked up a Bower Lens set to stop the white out but that's another story.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WI.Drone pilot