New Phantom 4 Pro owner in Phoenix, AZ area

Reaction score
Just picked up my first drone, a Phantom 4 Pro, and looking forward to learning some basic aerial photography with this amazing machine. I don't have any quad copter experience, so I' be taking it very slowly at first. This seems like an awesome resource for newbie questions and I'm sure I'll have several.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Donald .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I am up in the Carefree/Cave Creek area so welcome, "neighbor." I am in learning mode myself and there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here. You will learn a ton.

Try not to take your Photos with the Quadcopter facing the sun,I keep on forgetting this since I have to have the Sun to my back to see the I-Pad screen. This is not my House in the picture, Sample with Sun over my shoulder

Thanks for the replies. My biggest question at the moment is where is a good legal place to fly in the greater Phoenix area. I have the B4 You Fly app and all it does is show the restrictions in my current location. Panning around the map, the restriction circles and then the symbols just disappear. I need to do some more homework before my first flight.

The B4 U Fly app does a good job on showing you if you are around any areas with flight restrictions or are within 5 miles of an airport you would need to notify. Definitely use it.

Here are a couple of great links specific to Phoenix:

Parks and Recreation Radio-Controlled Aircraft in Phoenix Parks

https://blog.hivemapper.com/top-10-places-to-fly-a-drone-near-phoenix-bb769ba60513#.lrdhr4xya

If you are on Facebook, there is also a Phoenix area DJI group with a lot of great folks that have a wealth of information:

需要安全验证

Enjoy!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31