New Phantom 4 Owners Choose Name Wisely

Run Go & enter the flight records. Use the arrow next to your name to scroll through your registered aircraft.

I believe your P4 is now named "Inspire 1". We'll see if the new GO App will reset registration/activation.

I have asked a DJi representative on another forum if this will be the case as he noted he ran into a similar issue.

As you may not know when you go to activate your new P4, just like a new P3, you will need to be connected to the internet and you will need to choose a name for your P4.

Walk through the wizard slowly as some have made the mistake in the past breezing through the setup and in the end getting a name they did not intend, like "Inspire 1".

The name you choose cannot be changed, ever. So think about the reprocussions if you choose something like "MonkeyBalls1". You might have a problem when you go to sell it later on down the road. You can contact DJi and whine and moan all you want, many have in the past, they will not let you change the name even if you bought it from someone else used.

I suggest the simplest and cleanest name, "Phantom 4".

Choose wisely.......

**** Also, I would also wait for the official iOS and Android versions of the App before trying to connect to the P4. I have already read an Apple Store buyer here in these forums state that he used one or the other current versions of the GO App to connect to his P4 tonight and it named his P4 "Inspire 1". Not good but I guess "MonkeyBalls1" would have been worse.
Thanks for the tip!

Guys Tomato was the code name of P4 internally in DJI. Most likely since the app has not being updated yet for the P4 still has the internal code name. I believe that as soon as the app will be updated for P4 then it will read Phantom 4.

I kinda like the name TOMATO. It's kinda catchy. I can see an embroidered jacket, a hat with a TOMATO insignia. Even a window decal sporting a Phantom and the name TOMATO spelled out is some stylish goth text. Every edited video starting out with a dramatic intro "A TOMATO PRODUCTIONS FILM". Dang, You be famous Tomato!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Regarding P4 and P3's, if I was to sell how do I unregister the Phantom from my account?

You don't. You just stop flying it. The buyer will by default register it when they fly it while logged into their DJi account.

There is no Phantom 4 in my list of aircraft. Only my four P3 units.

Ok, so the P4 just shows up as "Phantom Tomato" on your screen then when it's connected? Like the other poster here?

4 P3's, you went crazy on the eBay deal huh, haha. I don't blame you.

Verified the Phantom is still unregistered and un-flyable until the new app comes out. I was starting to get attached to Tomato.

Ya your P4 is named "Phantom Tomato".

Hit top left paper airplane looking deal and login with your DJi account. It'll show the P4's name there as well. It might show in the Me section as well, I can't remember.
Ohh, that's fricking funny man!!
Mine was named without much thought too though, so don't feel bad. I upgraded from a P3P and I called it "Sweetness" and now that's her name, although I've been calling it my Saxadrone
50247b6bd46bf134243ef4adbe3f25bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.