New Phantom 2; problems

Reaction score
I received a new Phantom 2 for Christmas. My wife bought with in a H3-3D Gimbal and Hero4 GoPro. This is great but now get it together: I charged all and put together and have some problems. I took the following steps:
1. Downloaded the Vision Assistant 3.8 on my laptop (and driver) and connected to the RC. Had some problems getting the Assistant to recognize to controller. It finally did and I updated the firmware that was identified. After the update, the RC and drone did not communicate at all. Restarted several times and connected the Assistant again. After a while, communication was restored. A few days later, I connected again for calibration (watching some youtube). The Assistant would not recognize the Controller, When I connected the USB into the laptop, it does make a sound, but still no communication. I clicked on the "Phantom" button on the Assistant and it tells me "Please connect to the Controller" . Reloaded Assistant software, driver, rebooted all, used different USB ports, different USB cables. nothing works. What now? Suggestions?
2. The RC does control the drone, I am able to start it up and the gimbal does respond. I downloaded and installed DJI Vision on my iPhone 6. With this, I am not able to pull the app up and view the video. Is there a special confab on the GoPro to make it talk the drone/gimbal? how does this work? Do I just need to use the GoPro app instead?
3. the system didn't come with a range extender. I ordered one on Amazon and it arrived, I have seen some instructions online to pair but have not done this. Any tricks here? Also, the Extender came but did not have a lock-screw and base to attach it to the RC. I don't have one and have not seen this online anywhere Where can I get this?

I'm new at this and never used anything like this before, The Phantom didn't really come with any instructions; just been going on line and figuring it out. Seems most directions deal with individual units and not how to integrate different pieces. Where do I go to get info for a Phantom 2, Gimbal, Hero4, range extender, and how to integrate all this together? Also, for the Range Extender, no documentation here at all. Is the USB connection used for anything else beside charging?

Also, what is the mini IOSD and what does it do?

Appreciate any help, thanks

T - - -

Return it if you can, you can get the Phantom 3 Standard for $499 now which is actually less than your p2 probably cost.

The DJI app DOES NOT work with the GoPro. And if you do get this working, DO NOT turn on the GoPro wireless when flying the P2, they both use the same 2.4gHz frequency and there will be a high risk of losing control of the quad.

When you connect the P2 to your computer via USB, you also need to have your controller on as well, but not connected to your computer.

Not sure about the range extender though...

I received a new Phantom 2 for Christmas. My wife bought with in a H3-3D Gimbal and Hero4 GoPro. This is great but now get it together: I charged all and put together and have some problems. I took the following steps:
1. Downloaded the Vision Assistant 3.8 on my laptop (and driver) and connected to the RC. Had some problems getting the Assistant to recognize to controller. It finally did and I updated the firmware that was identified. After the update, the RC and drone did not communicate at all. Restarted several times and connected the Assistant again. After a while, communication was restored. A few days later, I connected again for calibration (watching some youtube). The Assistant would not recognize the Controller, When I connected the USB into the laptop, it does make a sound, but still no communication. I clicked on the "Phantom" button on the Assistant and it tells me "Please connect to the Controller" . Reloaded Assistant software, driver, rebooted all, used different USB ports, different USB cables. nothing works. What now? Suggestions?
2. The RC does control the drone, I am able to start it up and the gimbal does respond. I downloaded and installed DJI Vision on my iPhone 6. With this, I am not able to pull the app up and view the video. Is there a special confab on the GoPro to make it talk the drone/gimbal? how does this work? Do I just need to use the GoPro app instead?
3. the system didn't come with a range extender. I ordered one on Amazon and it arrived, I have seen some instructions online to pair but have not done this. Any tricks here? Also, the Extender came but did not have a lock-screw and base to attach it to the RC. I don't have one and have not seen this online anywhere Where can I get this?

I'm new at this and never used anything like this before, The Phantom didn't really come with any instructions; just been going on line and figuring it out. Seems most directions deal with individual units and not how to integrate different pieces. Where do I go to get info for a Phantom 2, Gimbal, Hero4, range extender, and how to integrate all this together? Also, for the Range Extender, no documentation here at all. Is the USB connection used for anything else beside charging?

Also, what is the mini IOSD and what does it do?

Appreciate any help, thanks

T - - -

You cannot use the GoPro wifi with a P2 non vision as both use the same frequency of 2.4 GHz and cause interference and possible loss of control. In order to see what the camera is recording you would need FPV ( first person view) system which consist of a iOSD, transmitter, plug n play cable and monitor/receiver.

If you're having problems with the RC controller not binding or communicating with the P2 you may corrupt files delete them and reload all three. Before the P2 can communicate with the assistant software the windows driver as to be installed into the P2 first.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl