New P4P Pilot in the House!

Reaction score
Hey there everybody! Brand new P4P owner and brand new to this forum...

I’m here to experience the best of both worlds as I’m also a Mavic pilot as well. I love my MP but had to jump right in and get myself the best Prosumer quad in the biz. I’m charging the batteries up now and looking forward to getting her up in the air for her maiden flight...weather permitting. Looking forward to being in this group, participating and sharing experiences with all of you...

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks dirkclod! It’s great over at the Mavic Pilots Forum and I would expect nothing less here.

Here’s my latest Instagram video shot with my Mavic Pro...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also a couple of images from that afternoon.

bf21fd04d98e52236d598bfd890572a7.jpg
b18ada316f183579c527406bf9150e86.jpg
51d8a1c2476b7d51077939fef42b1f43.jpg

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: GooterPhantom4Pro
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
wreath_sm.png

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
View attachment 91963

Thanks my friend...but I’m already familiar with the DJI Go 4 manual as I already fly the Mavic Pro...

Thanks dirkclod! It’s great over at the Mavic Pilots Forum and I would expect nothing less here.

Here’s my latest Instagram video shot with my Mavic Pro...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also a couple of images from that afternoon.

bf21fd04d98e52236d598bfd890572a7.jpg
b18ada316f183579c527406bf9150e86.jpg
51d8a1c2476b7d51077939fef42b1f43.jpg

Hey man! Welcome! What editing software are you using and what settings are you using to export and upload to instagram?

Thanks!

Hey thanks for the welcome into this group. I've been a professional photographer for 20+ years so from a color correction and grading standpoint that part is pretty easy for me. However, video editing? Not so much... (Disclaimer...When I say that I'm new to videography and cinematography, I'm mean that I'm really really new.). With that being said, I have spent countless hours on YouTube, teaching myself and relearning color grading and correction (most important step of the video editing process and always done first).

First I upload my footage from my Mavic and/or P4P and convert and process these clips into a PRORES video CODEC. Much easier to work with in Premier Pro CC (I use), After Effects, Final Cut Pro, or Divinci. It just prepares each clip for editing and smooths everything out when working in one of these platforms.

Editing:

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018
Adobe Premier Pro CC 2018
Plug-ins: Colorista (Redgiant.com - I think there is a free version of this plug-in)

Again, color grading and correction is the most important step in editing your video clips and is the first step of my editing workflow. I also use Lumetri scopes already built into Premier Pro CC...Waveform Scope (Highlights and Shadows), Color Parade (Adjusts or view your RGB within that clip), Curves, and then Colorista (This alone pretty much takes care of everything). Once I've done all of that then its off to exporting my finished video.

First I export a master so that I can come back and work with the video later. Then I export the completed video again for the platforms like Instagram, YouTube, or FaceBook.

Master:

Export Media
Format: Quicktime
Video CODEC: Apple ProRes HQ (422)
Match Source
Check: Use Max Render Quality
Check: Render Maximum Depth
Then start the process

Instagram, YouTube, FaceBook export

Export media
Format: H.264
Match Source
Render Max Depth
Bitrate Encoding: VBR 2 Pass
(Uploading to 1080p: Target: 25 Max: 35)
(Uploading to 4K: Target: 45-50 Max: 60-70)
Check: Use Max Render Quality
Then start the export process

Each will take a some time to process, especially the second export example because of the Bitrate Encoding being at VBR 2 Pass. However, you can select VBR 1 Pass but 2 Pass will give you better results.

P.S. I'm not a professional colorist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once...Okay....Maybe 30 times

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31