New P4P issues

So did you buy from an authorized dealer online? You would be cover by Amazon then.
Purchased from a dealer on Ebay... Came factory sealed! On the phone this morning with DJI and the guy could not figure it out either, said to return it or send it in. I tried different cables, FW updates and refreshes on the AC & RC...just not working, Should have known somethings up when the battery was DOA out of the box with no lights that was a bad Omen.

Oh well...So on I go

Out of the box I had issues with firmware and remote linking too. Once I get it all resolved it's been great. I had to roll back firmware a couple times using DJI Assistant 2 on the desktop, and I think I eventually did the update with the remote wired to the bird (that's what the miniUSB to USB A female dongle is for) and got it all resolved.

When you said you did the manual link did that include pushing the remote link button on the drone itself? That was part of my troubleshooting

Yeah, I'm lost at this point in what else to try. Funny thing too is I tried to post my exact same question/help over on the official DJI Forum and it would not allow me to post it because my post contained bad information it said! LOL! guess they don't want to hear about it over there.

Just got back in from flying my Mavic Pro with the new 900 FW update, what a dream! that drone is a butter cup! just wonderful! Now if they can put a mini X5s zoom camera on it :) guess I'm just never satisfied... lolol

But sure wish I could have taken the Phantom for a spin too!

If the mavic had the camera that the P4P had I would have bought a mavic. If I decide to get a second drone it may be a mavic.

Reactions: Ghost696
Well, the seller just provided me a return label for my defective P4P. I'm sure you guys think I'm wacky at this point but I agreed to try another factory sealed unit. If this one goes south I'm done with Phantoms. Maybe one of you guys out here in AZ would let me fly yours as I will not be buying another one.

So all you good P4P pilots out there send me some good vibes/energy please on this next one!

Reactions: DaRana
Just got back in from flying my Mavic Pro with the new 900 FW update, what a dream! that drone is a butter cup! just wonderful! Now if they can put a mini X5s zoom camera on it :) guess I'm just never satisfied... lolol

But sure wish I could have taken the Phantom for a spin too!

I had 2 P4Ps from Amazon. Bought first one. Bad. They sent replacement. Also bad. Returned for refund. Amazon was great. The products weren't. Still want P4P (good one) and will try B&H next time. Meanwhile, my updated P4 Standard seems to be doing ok (thankfully).

Yeah, like I said in my other thread...I'm holding off for now as the Phantoms seem to be a crap shoot to buy a good one.

I myself lost a lot of respect for Amazon regarding what they are putting me through with the incident 1 on the other thread. Although I have purchased many things from them with no problems too.

Well...I just ordered me a Yuneec Typhoon H...guess I will never learn! fingers crossed! something other then my Mavic Pro should work hopefully.

Yeah, like I said in my other thread...I'm holding off for now as the Phantoms seem to be a crap shoot to buy a good one.

I myself lost a lot of respect for Amazon regarding what they are putting me through with the incident 1 on the other thread. Although I have purchased many things from them with no problems too.

Glad I didn't purchase two items from them! I take advantage of their store card 12 month financing with 0% interest and ALWAYS pay it off on time. I've had some issues getting the store card bank to include all items on my purchase within the promotion. Usually it's because Amazon sends more than one shipment to complete the order. Hope you get it all squared away soon.

Reactions: Ghost696

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72