New P4P issues

Reaction score
Just bought a new P4P and the battery was DOA out of the box. Went to a Best Buy and bought another battery that works! sending/exchanging the DOA one back. Then after having a working battery and having everything charged up I did the FW update for the P4P with DJI 2 app...all went well but now the RC will not connect to the AC! I did couple refreshes to the FW but still the same. I did have it connected a couple times but it looses it as soon as the power is restarted. Now no worky at all and will not connect to the AC. Tried resetting the controller as well. Not sure if its the controller, P4P AC or FW. Can't downgrade FW so thats out!

So this seems to be a big waste of money and time for me at this point. Just updated my working Mavic Pro to FW 900 today and seems all good but have not flown it yet. At least it connects and seems normal. Phantom is pissing me off. If its the FW release, how could DJI post up something like that? Thing is a paperweight now! And was really looking forward to it but what a let down! Plus whats up with all the DOA batteries too????? Gheez...If anyone has ideas I'm open...sorry for a downer first post.

Last edited:
Just bought a new P4P and the battery was DOA out of the box. Went to a Best Buy and bought another battery that works! sending/exchanging the DOA one back. Then after having a working battery and having everything charged up I did the FW update for the P4P with DJI 2 app...all went well but now the RC will not connect to the AC! I did couple refreshes to the FW but still the same. I did have it connected a couple times but it looses it as soon as the power is restarted. Now no worky at all and will not connect to the AC. Tried resetting the controller as well. Not sure if its the controller, P4P AC or FW. Can't downgrade FW so thats out!

So this seems to be a big waste of money and time for me at this point. Just updated my working Mavic Pro to FW 900 today and seems all good but have not flown it yet. At least it connects and seems normal. Phantom is pissing me off. If its the FW release, how could DJI post up something like that? Thing is a paperweight now! And was really looking forward to it but what a let down! Plus whats up with all the DOA batteries too????? Gheez...If anyone has ideas I'm open...sorry for a downer first post.
Welcome to the world of DJI, enjoy.. lol

Reactions: Ghost696
Is your bird even linking up to the AC? LIke is your light green on the side of the AC? Or is it Red?
Nope, it's red. I got it to link again last night for one other time but as soon as I shutdown and restart it's not linked. What's weird is on the main start screen bottom left it will say AC connected but my controller light is red. Then I tap go fly and the controller light changes to green for 1 second and then red again. Go 4 just says AC disconnected and if I try to link it in the app it just times out.

If I do get it to link at all it's from manually doing it from the controller. But a restart will drop the link and I'm back to square one with a red controller light.

Welcome to the world of DJI, enjoy.. lol
Now, come on. Do we really have to do another one of those threads where all of us experiencing no problems have to chime in? ;-) I think most people understand that having major issues with our P4P is not typical and that the forum here is where those who are experiencing problems go to find solutions.

Reactions: Ghost696 and Calsun
Out of the box I had issues with firmware and remote linking too. Once I get it all resolved it's been great. I had to roll back firmware a couple times using DJI Assistant 2 on the desktop, and I think I eventually did the update with the remote wired to the bird (that's what the miniUSB to USB A female dongle is for) and got it all resolved.

When you said you did the manual link did that include pushing the remote link button on the drone itself? That was part of my troubleshooting

Now, come on. Do we really have to do another one of those threads where all of us experiencing no problems have to chime in? ;-) I think most people understand that having major issues with our P4P is not typical and that the forum here is where those who are experiencing problems go to find solutions.
So let me see if I got this right I welcomed the OP who has (1) post and your reply is complaining about that.. Incredible!!!!!!!!

Not sure I get where your coming from on this post JarrodF!

Out of the box I had issues with firmware and remote linking too. Once I get it all resolved it's been great. I had to roll back firmware a couple times using DJI Assistant 2 on the desktop, and I think I eventually did the update with the remote wired to the bird (that's what the miniUSB to USB A female dongle is for) and got it all resolved.

When you said you did the manual link did that include pushing the remote link button on the drone itself? That was part of my troubleshooting
Unfortunately we can't now roll back to an earlier FW, I would have loved to have tried that to see if it worked. Thing is since it's never been flown I don't know if this is a real hardware defect or just bad FW release. The battery out of the box was defective I know that for sure.

Interestingly the AC linked on its own without pushing the link button on the AC when doing the controller sequence. Today nothing works, it will not link no matter what. Also tried to restore factory defaults to the controller with DJI assistant 2 and it just hangs...thinking this seems to be more of a hardware issue now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we can't now roll back to an earlier FW, I would have loved to have tried that to see if it worked. Thing is since it's never been flown I don't know if this is a real hardware defect or just bad FW release. The battery out of the box was defective I know that for sure.

Interestingly the AC linked on its own without pushing the link button on the AC when doing the controller sequence. Today nothing works, it will not link no matter what. Also tried to restore factory defaults to the controller with DJI assistant 2 and it just hangs...thinking this seems to be more of a hardware issue now.
Have a buddy just South of me that had this same exact thing with his P4P and he just sent it in last week. Don't think it's fixable until it's sent it. Which sucks!

Have a buddy just South of me that had this same exact thing with his P4P and he just sent it in last week. Don't think it's fixable until it's sent it. Which sucks!
Yeah, I'm lost at this point in what else to try. Funny thing too is I tried to post my exact same question/help over on the official DJI Forum and it would not allow me to post it because my post contained bad information it said! LOL! guess they don't want to hear about it over there.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Yeah, I'm lost at this point in what else to try. Funny thing too is I tried to post my exact same question/help over on the official DJI Forum and it would not allow me to post it because my post contained bad information it said! LOL! guess they don't want to hear about it over there.
Bad information! WTF! Thats just stupid! I would exchange it if you can or send it in asap!

If I were you i what get my money back asap. I wouldn't buy another DJI product again unless something changes dramatically. Seems like they are going downhill fast. Never seen so many problems with a product on any other forum before. Its one thing after another lately and it seems to be getting worse. Fly your Mavic while you can and DO NOT UPDATE IT.

If I were you i what get my money back asap. I wouldn't buy another DJI product again unless something changes dramatically. Seems like they are going downhill fast. Never seen so many problems with a product on any other forum before. Its one thing after another lately and it seems to be getting worse. Fly your Mavic while you can and DO NOT UPDATE IT.
Yeah, after what I have been reading over the last day or so I tend to agree with you. Too bad hearing about all the issues Phantoms are having and DJI in general. Just bought a new Besterm hard case for this Phantom and ND filters too. Looks really nice just setting there in the case :)

Yeah, after what I have been reading over the last day or so I tend to agree with you. Too bad hearing about all the issues Phantoms are having and DJI in general. Just bought a new Besterm hard case for this Phantom and ND filters too. Looks really nice just setting there in the case :)
Did you buy it from Best Buy?

Ugh. I hadn't realized the firmware rollback wasn't available anymore. That's killer. Mine was 100% software but DJI would have said it was hardware. I found two or three posts on the official DJI support forum that exactly mirrored my situation and DJI reps said to send it back in. But it was just software, firmware issues, and rolling back (multiple times!) finally fixed it. That's really frustrating if they are taking away one of the best troubleshooting tools.

Or if their support/sending it in meant we'd get everything resolved quick that'd be fine, too. But I can say first hand that there are still ... lots of issues. :) I have gotten about the absolute best support possible on my Mavic Care Refrwesh replacement, and I'm still over a month out and don't have a working drone... they "replaced" the first one with a broken refurb I had to send back again! A buddy of mine broke his beats headphones 2 days after I submitted my Mavic claim ... he received an overnight shipping label that day and received back a brand new pair before my Mavic reached California from CT!

So let me see if I got this right I welcomed the OP who has (1) post and your reply is complaining about that.. Incredible!!!!!!!!
My bad if I misunderstood your post. I saw the OP post about having a bad experience with DJI and you responded with a welcome and "LOL". I took that to mean "Welcome to having to deal with a crappy company like the rest of us". If you did mean that then my response stands. If not then please pardon my misunderstanding.

Just got back in from flying my Mavic Pro with the new 900 FW update, what a dream! that drone is a butter cup! just wonderful! Now if they can put a mini X5s zoom camera on it :) guess I'm just never satisfied... lolol

But sure wish I could have taken the Phantom for a spin too!

Just got back in from flying my Mavic Pro with the new 900 FW update, what a dream! that drone is a butter cup! just wonderful! Now if they can put a mini X5s zoom camera on it :) guess I'm just never satisfied... lolol

But sure wish I could have taken the Phantom for a spin too!
So did you buy from an authorized dealer online? You would be cover by Amazon then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72