New P4 3k owner in Australia - Hi all!

Reaction score
Hi very one,

It was the choice between a drone and a lightsaber.
Heads won so here I am :)

I have much to learn. I never got around to finishing my pilots lic. due to 'life' getting in the way, so I've decided to combine my current work with my interests and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't think of a way to involve a lightsaber.

For starters, I want to rev up some Hrs practicing not crashing before going legit commercial and earning while having more fun than usual :)

Thanks in advance for answering any dumb questions I might ask.

Gator

Welcome to the group... This is way better than a lightsaber ;)

Reactions: aussieinvestigator
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen.
I'm slowly trawling through the threads to get a picture of what I'm in for.
Are there many Aussies on here?

Thanks for the warm welcome, gentlemen.
I'm slowly trawling through the threads to get a picture of what I'm in for.
Are there many Aussies on here?
Hi, I'm in Brisbane and also new to the group. Have about 7 flights under my belt now so still a lot to learn!!

Steep!! Way more than someone with a flying background I suspect! I hadn't even 'flown' using computer games!
But I've mastered the basics and ready to improve. There's a very friendly and helpful little group of drone owners up here that have also helped me get started. I have no tech background so it's daunting when something goes wrong!

Hi daei and aussieinvestigator....Im also a new aussie (Mid North Coast NSW) on the exponential learning curve of defying gravity. I also have questions that I'm sure the wealth of experience here can answer. Up and going with a few flights and video to ponder with so I figured I'm past the beginner mode and toggled it off the other day.
I like the flying camera idea and propose to make short clips with a theme to share the beauty of our region but hobby only.
Handy for you to have a group nearby to discus stuff first hand

Hi daei and aussieinvestigator....Im also a new aussie (Mid North Coast NSW) on the exponential learning curve of defying gravity. I also have questions that I'm sure the wealth of experience here can answer. Up and going with a few flights and video to ponder with so I figured I'm past the beginner mode and toggled it off the other day.
I like the flying camera idea and propose to make short clips with a theme to share the beauty of our region but hobby only.
Handy for you to have a group nearby to discus stuff first hand
I look forward to seeing some of the footage - so beautiful in that region. I'm planning to do some scenic shots too - but still so wary when I go near water!

Yes I'm wary of water too but I saw the utube of the mavic guy that was retrieved 3 days later from the lake, dried it out and it worked!!! But wots the difference hitting the ground or water spose its all about velocity. More experience will give more confidence but in that order!! I've hovered over the dam for 5mins @30meters I was so elated!! Think altitude is our friend. So here's my first question.

Is 30meters altitude here the same as over there? I mean if you fly in undulating or hilly terrain do you add that? Is 30m set from your sea level home point?

I'm on a high (30m) river bank so if I take off (to 30m) and fly over the river will I be 60m?

Yes I'm wary of water too but I saw the utube of the mavic guy that was retrieved 3 days later from the lake, dried it out and it worked!!! But wots the difference hitting the ground or water spose its all about velocity. More experience will give more confidence but in that order!! I've hovered over the dam for 5mins @30meters I was so elated!! Think altitude is our friend. So here's my first question.

Is 30meters altitude here the same as over there? I mean if you fly in undulating or hilly terrain do you add that? Is 30m set from your sea level home point?

I'm on a high (30m) river bank so if I take off (to 30m) and fly over the river will I be 60m?

Hmm I have no idea so will be watching the replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1