New P3S on way worried about fly away

Reaction score
I got a toy drone for my bday on 12/2.
After much research ordered a P3S and spare battery on Friday for $468. Could not pass it up.
Lost the small drone today when i lost sight of it and its orientation. Searched neighbor's yard for an hour.
Dirty glasses.
How often do P3S's have issues?
I am looking forward to having the video feed and position hold.

Reactions: dirkclod
Although I fly a advanced, the standards seem to be stable. There can always be issues that pop up, but watch you tubes on it and familiarize yourself with the functions. Return to home settings and knowledge of it are very important subjects.

Thanks for reply. I did a lot of research but you never know who is getting paid for a good review. I gotva good deal but it is still a good bit of cash.
I will be flying at the big ballfield complex here in Summerville to gain experience while being cautious.

Also know that power/telephone lines are hard to see... till it's too late.

Reactions: sinxa
And when the drone is facing you, control will be in reverse.

Thanks for the replies. I will ne doing my flying from the largest open space in town.
4 baseball fields, two football field and parking in one parcel.
All are mostly empty out of season.
I don't want anything availabe to be hit at altittude and unobstructed line of sight.
Lost the little drone when I couldn't see the orientation. Small enough to be hard to see on anything but flat surface. Fun while it lasted. Got about twenty flights out of it

Familiarize with flying by the map. Fly it away a bit and fly back to you using it.

How often do P3S's have issues?
Phantoms rarely fly away on their own. There have been many cases where a pilot inadvertently caused the Phantom to fly away though. You'll be in a much better position to prevent such an accident if you take the time to learn how your Phantom works. Make sure you download, read, and fully understand the Phantom manual before your first flight. You can download the manual from the P3S downloads page (it does not come in the box).

Welcome to the forum Grunt .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere as you just saw and that's just 2 members of 65,347 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.