New P3 Standard + DJI Prop Guards Screw Hole Issue

Reaction score
Unboxed 1st drone and began installing DJI prop guards purchased from DJI. No problem with three of the four. One screw of the two on the 4th would not grip. From what I can tell, it is an issue with the threading of that hole on the drone itself. The smaller screw grips just fine deeper in the hole but the prop guard screw does not. Do I return the drone or learn to fly without the guards?

Welcome to the Forum!

It is unclear of what screws you are using, the props should have came with longer screws.

Rod

Rod - it is the longer screws DJI included in the prop guard package. They work fine in 7 of the 8 holes. The 8th hole appears to be unthreaded at the depth these longer screws penetrate to.

Sounds like it may be stripped, not the screw but the bird itself, you could add a drop of plastic glue to tip of screw to help it seat, not to much tho. And remember, when you pull those guards, don't put long screws back in!!!
Have seen to many posts where the flyer removed the guards, re-used the long screws that will then screw right into the motor & your buying new motors!

Hum, rethink your statement, the thread depth should be not the issue, the screws are longer but are really using the same thread area. The longer screws is because of the extra thickness of the prop guards. Duh, you say. :rolleyes:

Later in your time, make sure you don't use the long screws with out the prop guards, the screws will damage the motors. That was the important part. ;)

The only thing I got, is did you giggle the handle? :rolleyes:

Really I don't know, the obvious retry the screw in different hole, I have and use prop guards, doesn't seem to be a good start.

See if somebody else, helps us out.

Rod

Thanks @royster

Yeah, I would hate to return it if that was the only issue and I don't recall this coming up at all, you would think it would.

Rod

You might also examine the prop guard screw to be sure it's not cast badly at the tip or damaged somehow....

You said,
You might also examine the prop guard screw to be sure it's not cast badly at the tip or damaged somehow....
I said,
"retry the screw in different hole,"
Same thing sorta :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31