New P2V+ Controller Came in FCC Mode?

Reaction score
I just got my new P2V+ a week ago. I've read that all P2V's and P2V+'s are shipped with the controller in CE mode. Mine was in FCC mode (2 beeps) right out of the box! FCC was also selected in the RC System Assistant Software when I checked it. Does this mean that my P2V+ was a recycled return from Amazon.com?

Ron

Go into the assistant software check the battery and see how many times it has been charged, if you have charged it only once then it should only say once. If it has more recharge cycles then I would say yes, it is a recycled phantom or a very good chance it is a recycled phantom.

DownunderPhantom said:
Go into the assistant software check the battery and see how many times it has been charged, if you have charged it only once then it should only say once. If it has more recharge cycles then I would say yes, it is a recycled phantom or a very good chance it is a recycled phantom.

I checked the battery and it was only showing that it had 3 recharge cycles, which is correct. I guess that's the way they're shipping them in the US now? The first P2V that I bought from B&H back in December came in CE mode.

Ron

I've purchased the FC40 and the Vision Plus, both we're in FCC mode when bought. The number of cycles on the battery is irrelevant, they could just put a new unused battery in it before repackaging.

My last two were also in FCC mode in the US.

Firmware updates can prove if it's been used.
The naming convention on the sd card can be proof that it has been used.
If the file name is DJI001.XXX then it means is still new.

rmwilson said:
I just got my new P2V+ a week ago. I've read that all P2V's and P2V+'s are shipped with the controller in CE mode. Mine was in FCC mode (2 beeps) right out of the box! FCC was also selected in the RC System Assistant Software when I checked it. Does this mean that my P2V+ was a recycled return from Amazon.com?

When my Vision+ arrived it was already set to FCC mode.

I know a hobby store that tests all Phantoms before they are shipped to or sold to customers in store. They have identified one that they tested for a customer in store and it did not recognize the controller out of the box, so they shipped it back to the importer and gave the customer a tested and working one.

I can't remember where I read it, but I recall it saying that they all come in FCC mode by default.

Mine was FCC mode out of the box, from B&H.

I bought and returned two from Amazon... those were both CE out of the box.

smaugnaut said:
Why doesnt anyone order from DJI.com?

If anything goes wrong, DJI direct appear to be a nightmare to deal with. At least with a dealer you have some interaction - they are more than likely approachable. The price is the same anyway - always better to give some local firms a turn too.

flyNfrank said:
My last two were also in FCC mode in the US.

My last two???
How many drones do you buy?

...no wonder some people are not afraid to send them 3km away. If they don't return, just pull a mew one out of the box ;) ;) ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl