New or second hand

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm looking to buy a p4 and not sure if to buy new or second hand
I have chance to buy a 6 month old one which has had very little use for around £400 cheaper than a new one
Would like to know your thoughts ?
Cheers
Andy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It depends on if you trust the seller. If you know him, and trust him, I wouldn't hesitate, go ahead. Is he a stranger? If yes, you should negotiate. Have him demonstrate the flight range and see how far it can go before it disconnects and RTH. This is a good way to negotiate him down since the advertised range is 3 miles, and it's rare that anyone can get 3 miles range from a P4. Have him show you the number of charges on each battery (it shows in the Go app) so you can determine how many flights he has made. Generally speaking used Phantoms are sold for 50 to 60% of their new price if they are in good working order. They don't seem to hold value much. The really good buys I've seen are the P3P craft, usually 50% of new, however the condition is important on those. You'll need to inspect for cracks around the motors because some of the shells were weak. Both of my P3P haven't cracked, no problem on my two P3Ps. I fly my P4 more now, but I had to pair an Inspire controller (GL658A) to it so I could get good range, comparable to my P3Ps at 2+ miles. The stock P4 controller (GL300C) is weak, the weakest Lilghtbridge controller DJI has made to date. I was lucky to get 1 mile range with the stock P4 controller.

Thanks for your reply John,
Dji app says 59mins and 6 flights with a distance of 14.975m travelled. I dont know the seller and will ask for a test flight

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

make sure your in a nice wide open area without obstructions to get a good range test...my P4 straight out of the box did 19,000ft no problem ...take your time inspecting everything and bird , controller, and features ...good luck :)

If the price is right it shouldn't make any difference if you flew that 59mins or someone else did. Let the seller fly the rest flight though. Take something with you so you can view the images/video in the SD card. If it flys straight and the imaging system works all you need to know is what the going price is so you can negotiate (have the cash in your pocket).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj