New Multistar 4S 5200 mah battery

Reaction score
Hi: I just got 2 brand new multistar 4S 5200mah batteries from hobby king. I just did a hover test with each one separately of course for now. My results were not that good i would assume, maybe the weight is just to much for me to get more time out of one battery, i was getting around 15 min before she landed and was not getting much power when trying the controls. My big issue is at about 6.5 min when i tried each battery the low battery light (red started flashing on the phantom, it kept flying until it landed which was about 15 min, anyone know why the lights were coming on so soon. I mean 6.5 min is not the full load time u can get out of these batteries. In naza it was set for default readings, maybe it was thinking it had a 3S or something not sure. With 2 3S 4000mah multistar batteries i am getting around 14 15 min, i thought i would get more. The weight of one of these 5200 batteries is 55 grams more than 2 of the 4000 battereis. tomorow i am gping to try flying with both 5200 batteries and see what times i get.

You first need to confirm the NAZA low voltage default settings before other flights.

Make sure they track with the size battery you are using.

Then you need to measure each cell voltage a few minutes after landing to verify all the cells are about equal and are near the NAZA low voltage setting.

The weight of the 5200 battery your using is definitely going to eat into how long you can fly. Using larger batteries do not get you proportionally more bang for your buck. They should get you longer flight times but NOT proportionally more. The extra weight just offsets much of the extra time you'd expect to get using a larger battery.

Also extra weight is also going to stress everything on your quad.... the motors, the ESC's, power circuits, and even the quads structure.

Update. I installed both batterys on the side of the drone strapped under the mounts. Then i hooked her up to naza lowered the first and second battry limits. Wow got about 28.5 min doing a hover test before red light for low battery came on.

Sent from my LG-H831 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj