new motor + esc???

Reaction score
hi guys
first post of many on this forum..

only had my dji phantom 2 v 2.0 ( new motors esc's )
flew it once it was amazing!

now me being impatient i flew it again without doing the cab of the compass it started to fly away and i s*** myself.

she came down from about 2 feet one of the props went into the ground ( bit wet long grass etc )
went to put it back on the motor didnt spin and smoke came off it ...gutted i was..
bought a new motor and replaced still nothing ;-( so my questions are...

1.how can you tell if its the esc? the leds still work under the phantom?
2.i have a new motor and all the other motors work so i presume its the esc at fault?

once i install a new esc..is there anythink i should do....calibriate the phantom again etc.

thanks in advance guys

ste

Usually the ESC will got out before the motor. Make sure you get a v2 ESC with the new firmware to replace it.

.....And welcome to the forum. Also read and re-read the manual.

thanks for the replies folks :D :D

howcome the ESC still lights up under the phantom? must be sum gubbins inside that blows and stops the main board from blowing.

and yes your dead right...youtube and manuals for me until back in the air

The ESC has a little microcontroller on it that controls the LEDs and the FETs that drive the motor. The FETs are typically what fail.
They can be replaced if you're good (or have a friend who's good) at SMD soldering.

Wow!! Your clever thanks
It's only £15 for me to get another looks tough to solder the FET

Cheers for the reply

So new esc put in and a motor!
Turned out one of the FET was blown!

My question is do I need to run the Motor in as it feels like it has a tiny bit of resistance is this normal for running in the motor.

Cheers

You should normally feel some magnetic resistance when turning the motor. Shouldn't really need any run-in. It's just a shaft on bearings mechanically.

Ok it's just the other 3 motors feel a tiny bit smoother
Ready to fly anyways in Sunday :) see how we get on

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl