new laptop questions

Reaction score
I have a HP laptop I bought 5 years ago. 6 gig ram...500 gb drive....64 bit....cd drive...sd card slot. It has issues. Probably from being junked up from internet crap. I dont know how to clean it up to work as new. I doubt it's worth paying someone to do it for a 5 year old unit. It was a bit under $600 at the time. Do new laptops have cd drives? Do I need a cd drive? I am not a gammer. I do email...videos to youtube. ..want to do some video editing, not too drastic....skype at times...online shoppin . ..etc. . I assume it would be Win 10. I have the Naza software for my P1 quads. Is that still available and will it work with Win 10? I know I could restore my laptop to as it came new but I would lose everything on it. I don't care about the computer but I don't want to lose 5 years worth of data. Any help, suggestions, direction on what to do. Any help appreciated

I would suggest getting a new one. Not worth paying $100- $150 to clean a 5 year old laptop to me. If you need it to play and edit 4k you should have at least 8gb of ram, 500gb-1tb HDD (hard drive), 64 bit, windows 7 or higher.

If you want for desktop, I would get atleast those specs, plus an SSD or a smaller HDD, not in space I mean actual size, the smaller it is the faster it spins and the faster your computer will run. That one can be for you operating system and applications etc. Your video files etc can go on the 500gb-1tb drive or higher one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the factory software? Does the laptop have a restore partition? Might be a free way to just restore to factory. Not sure what would cost hundreds to fix it.

Acer seems to be a popular brand. They make a wide range to suit various budgets.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl