New Jersey: Mt Arlington, Hopatcong, Roxbury, Hackettstown, Wharton, Dover

I have to find some new places to fly lol. Haven't gone much more than this same area here in Roxbury since you can't fly in Morris County Parks or NJ State Parks. This was over the Ledgewood Pond. Was flying from my coworker's house.

48efbc4d259e3bcce7e4f9f70ba014d0.jpg

Hi, yes I do plan on getting out there. Been checking B4UFLY and noticed that there are several locales around Chester that don't appear to be restricted by the FAA - only a warning to exercise caution.

Around here there's plenty of places to fly, that only have warnings letting you know to make notifications to heliports etc. I check B4UFly app and it lists the Trade Zone as a heliport close to me, right at the 5 mile border. I don't know if there's someone actually there or not(?) Also, that app all of a sudden today shows a flight restriction that it didn't show yesterday but I can't seem to click to find out what it is. DJI shows no such restriction. According to DJI's database anyway. (I didn't fly today anyway. Crappy day out and I had a migraine all day.) The DJI map lets you click and takes you to their site to show you where the no fly zones are etc.

f4d39c8d0622172e4de0a9b8d42d50af.jpg

Guys - I live in your same area, Mine Hill, and if you check the FAA app we're in a 'Do Not Fly' Restricted Area and have been since POTUS has used his golf club in Bedminster as his summer residence. And, this applies only to drones. Small private aircraft are allowed. Arbitrarily unfair? You bet!!

Guys - I live in your same area, Mine Hill, and if you check the FAA app we're in a 'Do Not Fly' Restricted Area and have been since POTUS has used his golf club in Bedminster as his summer residence. And, this applies only to drones. Small private aircraft are allowed. Arbitrarily unfair? You bet!!

I just checked the FAA site and it is only when Trump is visiting there. Last was May 4-7th. Currently there are no TFR according to the FAA but B4UFly still shows it as active on the app itself. When you click on the description it comes up as an error message. Not sure what the issue is. Either way, I'm right by the donut and would just have to drive less than a mile lol. Here's a picture of the FAA's site and their current TFRs as of right now, and then what B4UFly shows. I haven't called to verify. Only going based on the FAA website, as it definitely should be accurate. I trust it more than the app. Let me know if you know anything further. Thanks :)

8f60c192fdfaaa2a9a1881411e819558.jpg

50631af7711fa1e695ab631df686786c.jpg

Thank you for that intel! I made the mistake of assuming that their app was the last word on where to legally fly. I appreciate you're following through on this thread!!

Antnyp85 - a question please. How we're you able to determine from the FAA site that the restrictions only applied to when Trump was at Bedminster? I can't find that info. Thank you.

Another interesting website you can look at is skyvector.com. I've been following that website and it's been quite helpful with live updates for example, 4th of July restrictions. @B25J look for NOTAMs or TFRs under Regulations & Policies. That 'Red Donut' is invalid. I live right in the border of the donut.

Reactions: antnyp85
Thank you! I'll start using sky vector and the FAA website instead of their flawed app.

Another interesting website you can look at is skyvector.com. I've been following that website and it's been quite helpful with live updates for example, 4th of July restrictions. @B25J look for NOTAMs or TFRs under Regulations & Policies. That 'Red Donut' is invalid. I live right in the border of the donut.

Hmm I just went to skyvector.com but, although I might sound dumb here, I'm honestly having a hard time figuring it out. I'll have to check it out and try and figure it out. Thanks for the heads up about that site. The other app I use is AirMap. It shows any restrictions and advisories.

Hmm I just went to skyvector.com but, although I might sound dumb here, I'm honestly having a hard time figuring it out. I'll have to check it out and try and figure it out. Thanks for the heads up about that site. The other app I use is AirMap. It shows any restrictions and advisories.

Once in a while you'll see blue, orange or red shapes (like circles, rectangles etc). So far that's the most useful and live info I've got of all the choices.

Airmap is good too. Thanks for sharing.

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but not drones. I'm from Sussex County if any of you guys want to meetup some time with your drones that'd be fun. I definitely need new locations too

Hi all!

I live in Roxbury too and currently fly an inexpensive drone that I learned on. I am looking to upgrade to a phantom soon, but what is stopping me is not finding a place to fly it, or finding a place and then fear of being unwelcome. Next time one of you are at Emman's Field, Ledgewood Pond, or Horseshoe Lake, I would love to tag along and see how and where you do it before I take the plunge. I also thought Turkey Brook Park would be a good spot when it's not too crowded. Here is a quick shot I took the other day.

pic687.jpg

IMG_6136.jpg
I just noticed the heliport at tradezone but have been flying in that area all summer. How do you go about notifying them?

Around here there's plenty of places to fly, that only have warnings letting you know to make notifications to heliports etc. I check B4UFly app and it lists the Trade Zone as a heliport close to me, right at the 5 mile border. I don't know if there's someone actually there or not(?) Also, that app all of a sudden today shows a flight restriction that it didn't show yesterday but I can't seem to click to find out what it is. DJI shows no such restriction. According to DJI's database anyway. (I didn't fly today anyway. Crappy day out and I had a migraine all day.) The DJI map lets you click and takes you to their site to show you where the no fly zones are etc.

f4d39c8d0622172e4de0a9b8d42d50af.jpg

Hi all!

I live in Roxbury too and currently fly an inexpensive drone that I learned on. I am looking to upgrade to a phantom soon, but what is stopping me is not finding a place to fly it, or finding a place and then fear of being unwelcome. Next time one of you are at Emman's Field, Ledgewood Pond, or Horseshoe Lake, I would love to tag along and see how and where you do it before I take the plunge. I also thought Turkey Brook Park would be a good spot when it's not too crowded. Here is a quick shot I took the other day.

View attachment 87940

No one on this post ever got back to me I'm thinking it's a dead post now. I usually just google the town and drone restrictions around here.

View attachment 87966 I just noticed the heliport at tradezone but have been flying in that area all summer. How do you go about notifying them?

That's that little helipad I don't think that's used much I know exactly which one you're talking about I don't even think there's a phone number even if you wanted to call them but I'm sure you'd be fine anyway it's the bigger airports I'd be worried about

Last edited:
Reactions: USER455
Thats good to know. Anyone out this past weekend? It was really nice weather and low wind. I hit emmans field, but there was a police car stationed there so decided to skip.

I am using B4UFLY. Turns out it was a restriction because Trump was in the area, it's gone now.

I took these at Emman's Field with the crappy camera on my Syma X8, which is all manual control. I pushed it to new heights which was pretty scary trying to control a dot in the sky with the wind with no GPS assistance or FPV. I'd really love to see a phantom in action if anyone is in the area flying soon. I think I am finally ready and it will help me take the plunge!

d1-vert.jpg

Reactions: Drone8186
I am using B4UFLY. Turns out it was a restriction because Trump was in the area, it's gone now.

I took these at Emman's Field with the crappy camera on my Syma X8, which is all manual control. I pushed it to new heights which was pretty scary trying to control a dot in the sky with the wind with no GPS assistance or FPV. I'd really love to see a phantom in action if anyone is in the area flying soon. I think I am finally ready and it will help me take the plunge!

View attachment 88399
I have the Phantom 4 Pro and really like it the pictures are unbelievable if you want to meet up soon to see it we could do that plus I’m looking for new places to fly. Gotta love when Trump is in town I just didn’t know that air restriction went that far up north jersey. Your drone pictures still look good and at least you are doing good with it and going up higher with it.

Reactions: USER455

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4