New "instructions" or "rules"

Buk

Reaction score
They are indeed rules Codified into Law by Congress.

Forgive my confusion, when the AMA sends out email with these paragraphs,

“First, we’ll share a bit of background. Throughout the past few years, thousands of new recreational drone users and more than 400,000 new commercial drone operators have entered the airspace. Late last year, Congress passed and President Donald Trump signed into law the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018. This law gives the FAA more authority to address the surge of new users and changing airspace. Part of the law includes Section 349, which outlines eight statutory requirements for the recreational operation of all unmanned aircraft, including all drone and model aircraft hobbyists. The FAA is tasked with creating new rules in accordance with this law.

The guidance the FAA issued today is one step in a long process to create and implement the new rules for recreational fliers. It’s important to note that at this stage in the process, the guidance does not constitute official rules and it’s not legally binding.”

My confusion is the AMA wording, “...not legally binding”.

Please clear my fog.

Follow up,

Has the AMA been legally “approved” as a CBO under the new rules? Has any organization been approved?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers