New in fly safe is an updated map in my area

Reaction score
At my shoot this morning, one which was my seventh in seven months at the location, I found I couldn't take off because the error said I was within a local area airport designation. It asked if I would like to unlock the location to which I checked YES. I got another error as unrecognized operator. I treked back to my studio where I went online and set up verification to unlock the airport as I'd done on occasion before. All went smoothly and I returned to the shooting location and did my shoot.

My question is, in the past I was able to access a dialog on the GO4 APP which allowed me to check permission and responsibility items while at the shoot. It appears I can no longer do that. Am I correct? The new map of the airport shows an extended runway that goes well beyond the original circle that was once the airport's designation, and the runway goes right ove my shooting location. I know what I'll need to do from now on when getting ready for a local shoot but why did they take away the ability to check permission and responsibility on screen as we once could. Or am I wrong?

I am assuming on my answer, but my guess is you were in an Authorization zone before the update and now it's a Restricted Zone.

Welcome to the club. I have given up on the DJI Go app and fly with Litchi now since DJI (and even AirMap) began randomly listing areas as Enhanced Waring Zones and other such errors. They have schools where no schools exist. City parks where no park is located. They have AMA fields listed in the middle of high density neighborhoods and power plant restricted areas over facilities which have been shut down and dismantled. It's out of control. And there is no way to point out the errors they have on their maps to get them change. I've tried.

Reactions: Starz
Who at DJI can accomplish this?
Just write to DJI to unlock you the area you wish to fly. You have to give them precise coordinates, explain your situation and provide the FAA authorization letter approving your flights there. They should unlock your drone for flight on the period granted by the FAA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor