New hobby for my son and myself.

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Thank you for this site!
I am taking up drone flying with my son as a hobby. I have registered with the FAA but, I could use some direction on rules for Petaluma CA. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! For local regulations, I suggest beginning with your city website. Perform a search for drones and/or UAV and see if local ordinances come up. Sometimes the parks have restrictions, sometimes not.

Hi LarBear260, thank you for the reply! I will check those out. Also, looking for a drone club...not so much racing, just casual.

Good afternoon, I suggest learning to properly preflight your drone. Check the props, motor mounts, fuselage, and batteries. Learn what these look like new and after several hours of flight. I recommend original equipment replacement parts, research alternative parts before buying spare parts.

Do what larbear said checkmthe city laws and also get an airspace tool like airmap app to check the airspace and make sure that you are not flying in a TFR area.

You're a lucky man. How I wish I had a son to share my flying passion. I can't even find a non relative to fly with, The joys of living in a small country town I guess.
Have fun and enjoy your time together, happy flying.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Exactly what do you mean by "several flights"? I've been flying one of my quads, a P4 Pro for two years now and haven't replaced a single part except four propellers.

What parts other than propellers are you talking about that require replacement after "several" flights?

Bud

Good afternoon, I suggest learning to properly preflight your drone. Check the props, motor mounts, fuselage, and batteries. Learn what these look like new and after several hours of flight. I recommend original equipment replacement parts, research alternative parts before buying spare parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72