New GO APP update! 2.4.0

I am using 2.4 iOS GO and the latest FW for the DJI parts, and iOS 9.1.

Everything works perfectly. I always put the iPad in airplane mode, no BT and no WiFi when flying after loading maps using my iPhone hotspot. I also turn off iPhone WiFi and BT if it is in my pocket while flying.

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 13.56.37.jpg

I predict dji has been reducing the distance performance on each upgrade since 2.60. There is just too many threads being posted about flying 6, 7, and 8+ miles. I have posted a video where I flew 3.5 miles round trip, but that was with using a WindSurfer. So now problems begin showing up per different devices. Some devices are more affected then others. And those experiencing problems have it the worst because any kind of a fix wont be seen until the next upgrade. The output of the R/C needs tested to show any changes that may have been made. If that type of info was to surface, it would surely piss off a great deal of people, and a change back in some fashion. The only other option would be to except the way things are being done with the distance performance, and then look into aftermarket antennas and amps, which is likely what will happen anyhow.
Well, if they either increase the quality or reliability of the link, it could have a distance reducing effect on the range. Sounds strange, but Firmware changes are probably to the encoding schemes of the transmitter/receiver. If you want better frame rates and reliability, without increasing the radios power (which they cannot do)- you can't get something for nothing. It's a design balancing act. They are optimizing link quality - inside the effective range of the battery. I'd take a more solid link with better frame rates inside the normal 2 mile range - rather than have worse general performance all the time - and longer range than my batteries could take me there and back.

I am using 2.4 iOS GO and the latest FW for the DJI parts, and iOS 9.1.
Everything works perfectly. I always put the iPad in airplane mode, no BT and no WiFi when flying after loading maps using my iPhone hotspot. I also turn off iPhone WiFi and BT if it is in my pocket while flying.
That's a good precaution, but it actually makes no difference at all - try it and fly without airplane, with BT and with WiFi - you'll see: no difference.

Reactions: Chris P Duck
That's a good precaution, but it actually makes no difference at all - try it and fly without airplane, with BT and with WiFi - you'll see: no difference.
It may be coincidental but I experimented with WiFi on and off and I found there were many more instances of dropped frames and short scrambled video on my iPad with those turned on.

A good way to test this is to fly directly above the controller and not tilt the antennas down. Test with and w/o WiFi. My tests show it does make difference.

Another reason to leave them off and also quit all apps except GO is to make the iPad work less hard thus keeping it cooler. There is documentation of iPads overheating and then reducing the speed of the processor and this can lead to problems with video.

Well, if they either increase the quality or reliability of the link, it could have a distance reducing effect on the range. Sounds strange, but Firmware changes are probably to the encoding schemes of the transmitter/receiver. If you want better frame rates and reliability, without increasing the radios power (which they cannot do)- you can't get something for nothing. It's a design balancing act. They are optimizing link quality - inside the effective range of the battery. I'd take a more solid link with better frame rates inside the normal 2 mile range - rather than have worse general performance all the time - and longer range than my batteries could take me there and back.

I'll buy some of that. The 2 mile range is a fair distance. More then likely the changes made will work for the majority of devices. But then what happens is along comes a small group of devices that will not work with those changes. And when you are in that group, it really sucks. Because you will have to deal with it until hopefully it gets addressed in the next update. However as long as the ability to step back to the firmware and app before the update remains in effect it's not so bad.

have anybody tried the hack for the Dji Go App to see all 32 channels?

If it didn't work there would be a dozen threads complaining about it which one would belong to me.

Downgraded DJI Go app from 2.4 to 2.3 and the NO SIGNAL is completely gone (on iOS 9.1 with iPad mini 4). Is this a bug introduced in 2.4 iOS?
Fredz, is there any way you could upload your copy of DJI GO 2.3.0 to Dropbox or somewhere to where I can download it and try it?

if tin whistles are made of tin.
what do they make fog horns out of?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl