New GO APP update! 2.4.0

I just updated to 1.4.30 and the DJI app to 2.4.

I did a test flight and everything worked perfectly.

The horizon trim setting works very well,though I have rarely needed it. It can be handy if framing a photo and the wide angle of the lens make things look a bit skewed even though they are not. Just hold the right button down and horizontal and vertical guides in green show up and then you can adjust with the exposure wheel. Very nice, just don't forget to correct if used for effect. It can also be used to give "Dutch Roll" effect to video, while flying, pretty cool.

The dutch roll can be good with tenderloin though rib eye is better on the grill IMHO.

Reactions: ObiDon
Does the controller have to be hooked up to the tablet? I am here at work with just my tablet and I am not getting any notifications on the DJI software.

Is anyone having issues with this update after I updated to this my drone will no longer hover in place and it wabbles Luke crazy on decent

My comment was awful with auto correct destroying that message. Try again since I downloaded and updated to the latest version my p3 is unstable in flight and hovering terribly also when I bring it down it is so wobbly that I feel like its gonna crash. I've already did the IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface and changes my props still no luck . Anyone having these issues any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Any ideas what could be going on this drone is maybe 5 months old and has worked perfectly till I updated this last time

Just realized I can now update the app on my iPhone 5 without side-loading it anymore. Awesome!

Wait, do I have to calibrate the tenderloin every time I turn on the grill?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I will tell you what happen to me after my update. I was scared out of my mind. I took it off and yeah it wobbles and it was not hovering like it used to. I thought maybe the wind - even though it was not too windy. I took it off maybe 250 feet up and 1000 feet out and it told me "low voltage warning" and started beeping. The battery was at 70%. It started to try and land right there and this was behind trees and everything. I could not cancel out of the decent. I was able to fight it and get it back up above the trees and was trying to fly it visually but it started darting all over the sky(within a 500 foot radius) and seemed like it was going really fast. I felt like a fishermen fighting a fish. I had to do all i could to keep it from going down, but i was able to land it safely. I changed batteries and tried to fly again and it seemed ok that time, but my heart was beating like crazy. my bird is fine too. scary. I dont know if it was a fluke or the software update.

on another note, i did notice my channel hack was still good and not only that, i saw where my transmission quality said 10mb - it usually maxes out on 6mb.

As I stated earlier I had no problems with new SW and FW. It flew exactly like before in 5-15 mph wind actually.

The first thing I do if a MR seems to have a mind of its own is switch off GPS go to Atti mode.
I have never had a problem with my P3P but I have with others.

I usually take off and land all my MRs in Atti and climb up 10-20' before trying GPS, many of my older MRs tend to toilet bowl in the beginning of the flight, and that is the last thing you need during t/o or landing.

Having said that I have not once had my P3P toilet bowl on me. I have had it shift around randomly about 6' fighting wind close to the ground. This is why when it is windy I always land and t/o in atti.

In calm conditions, less than 5mph GPS landing and t/o seems fine with my P3P. But I still prefer to be the only pilot close in.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445499186.943249.jpg

Use the force... Make it rain... #tenderloinlife

Update the RC today, did a IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration. Then did 2 flights and consumed 2 batteries. Everything went fine.....

p/s: I update my iPad Mini 4 to iOS 9.1 before updating my GoApp and RC.

what do we get with the new update ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl