New FPV Camera (FPV Booster) for iOS

Reaction score
[Update 2015/09/16] A new update of FPV Booster v3.2 is released today.
12009762_625952307507579_2406742467854247041_n.jpg

What's new in v3.2:
Flight Tracker
• Export/Import flight log to/from CSV files
• Flight log deletion
• Up-to 12 custom telemetry data in flight log for analysis
• Additional flight statistic analysis (such as max/min voltage, current, battery & satellites)
• DashWare profile (for mapping CSV) is available for download
General
• iOS 9 compatible
• Fixed FPV Camera Navigation Map occasionally flipping upside down
• Other minor bugs fixing

A new version of FPV Booster V3.1.1 for iOS will be available in App Store soon. This update includes various enhancements in FPV Camera as below.

New Features:
- Up-to 12 custom telemetry data with either vertical or horizontal layout
11143728_577764042326406_2743276769553243199_n.jpg

- Check & display Booster icon upon opening FPV Camera
- Start/stop recorder button, in case of some pilots are unable to double-tap with 2-fingers
- Set default map view option (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Swipe-right for capturing screenshot to Camera Roll
- Show Settings menu icon (lower-right corner) all time
- Shoot JPEG photo (maximum resolution 1920x1080 depending on Recording Resolution option) when recording video.
- Merge Home/Pilot Point option for non-GPS iPad (Wi-Fi only)
- Hide Video Timer option to show/hide stock recording timer at the background
- Display "Possible GPS failure" message if invalid location of Home point or Phantom detected
- Grayscale option to change Battery Meter and Wi-Fi Wand to black/gray/white color
- "Zoom Level" slider for adjusting auto-zoom level in Navigation Map and Radar Map

Fixes:
- Smarter (more accurate) way of detecting motor STOP to avoid splitting flight log and stop video recording (if Auto Recording option set)
- Adjust auto-zoom level on Navigation Map and Radar Map on different screen size
- Address iOS 8.2/8.3 compatibility issues with DJI SDK

Last edited:
The best app for the V2plus by far. Only thing missing is Groundstation IMHO. I do use it with the DJI G/S but it would be nice to not have to go back and forth between the 2 apps. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: PVFlyer
Thanks PVFlyer, I'm hoping you guys will continue to work out some concerns which had been mentioned for those using the Android version of this FPV Booster App. as well.
Sometimes more is not necessarily better. Reliability when flying at a distance is paramount, and issues regarding the momentary or total loss of video is most concerning, IMHO.
While much of the telemetry information provided can be very important, it can also become overbearing when flying, aiming the extender/antennas, and trying to read all that info. at the same time. I know, practice makes perfect. : )
Personally the reliability of the directional wand is at the top of my list when distance flying, as the smallest change in flight path, and directional aiming can be the difference between remaining connected and loosing video feed as I'm sure you are well aware. Thanks again for your contribution to this great hobby, and continued help making this App. all that it can be. ;)

Last edited:
FPV experience is our #1 concern. FPV Camera is designed for flying longer FPV range and safer. The custom telemetry lets you know the Wifi signal strength, battery parameters (remaining mAh and temperature), plus Navigation Map and Wi-Fi Wand for aiming antenna direction, etc.

iOS version is very stable, while Android version is very much depending on variety of Android device compatibility against DJI Android SDK.

FPV experience is our #1 concern. FPV Camera is designed for flying longer FPV range and safer. The custom telemetry lets you know the Wifi signal strength, battery parameters (remaining mAh and temperature), plus Navigation Map and Wi-Fi Wand for aiming antenna direction, etc.

iOS version is very stable, while Android version is very much depending on variety of Android device compatibility against DJI Android SDK.
First off I'd like to say thank you very much for this brilliant & very reliable app! I've had it from the boost only version, then u guys made the fpv cam ,then flight logger ,now this new feature,all very nice ,,,isn't there a way u guys can bring the follow me / orbit feature in?
I know there are other apps that already have this & I have a couple but unless they improve them vastly the truth about it is there not nearly as reliable as your app ,
Keep Up The Good Work & Thanks Again
Regards Leon

This is a nice app. I like using it. Be nice if the android app would keep up with the IOS app. I would like to have the flight logger in the android version.

First off I'd like to say thank you very much for this brilliant & very reliable app! I've had it from the boost only version, then u guys made the fpv cam ,then flight logger ,now this new feature,all very nice ,,,isn't there a way u guys can bring the follow me / orbit feature in?
I know there are other apps that already have this & I have a couple but unless they improve them vastly the truth about it is there not nearly as reliable as your app ,
Keep Up The Good Work & Thanks Again
Regards Leon
We built a few prototypes a few months ago and tested various ways of follow-me & point-of-interest, but NONE of them were satisfied due to some limitations of DJI SDK. These features might sound appealing, but they are not practical to implement and use in actual filming per our testing.

I bet you had tried a couple of other apps, and know well what I'm saying.

We built a few prototypes a few months ago and tested various ways of follow-me & point-of-interest, but NONE of them were satisfied due to some limitations of DJI SDK. These features might sound appealing, but they are not practical to implement and use in actual filming per our testing.

I bet you had tried a couple of other apps, and know well what I'm saying.
Yes I did try others & as I mentioned they was weak & unfinished,, & I understand where u are coming from & I agree it would be a shame to add a feature unless it was the same standards as the others in your app,,I know it probably would be an impractical feature for filming,but sure would be good for those who just like flying for fun & I personally would like the feature hence the reason I paid like $25 for an unsuccessful app ,, if u guys could get it managed to work like your other features I'm sure u could charge for it ,,I'd gladly pay the $8 (or so) fee for a good quality additional feature like this from u ,as I'm sure many others would,, then I would have all the features I needed in 1 reliable App,, but if the features I've mentioned can't be successful then leave em out! You've still got a Five Star App ,, much better than any other for the p2v+ Thanks Again

Regards Leon

This is a nice app. I like using it. Be nice if the android app would keep up with the IOS app. I would like to have the flight logger in the android version.
I'm sorry that Android version FPV Booster does not have Flight Tracker for the time being. We have been redesigning an innovative way for backup/restore and import/export of flight logs.

The next version of iOS Flight Tracker allows you to delete, backup/restore and import/export flight logs.

Nice!! When's the update gonna be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new iOS FPV Booster V3.1.1 is released and available in App Store.

What's New in V3.1.1:
- Up-to 12 custom telemetry data with either vertical or horizontal layout
- Check & display Booster icon ON/OFF upon opening FPV Camera
- Start/stop video recorder button, in case of unable to double-tap with 2-fingers
- Set default map view option (Normal, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain)
- Swipe-right for capturing screenshot to Camera Roll
- Show Settings menu icon (lower-right corner) all time
- Shoot JPEG photo during video recording
- Combine Home/Pilot Point option for non-GPS iPad (Wi-Fi only)
- Hide Video Timer option to show/hide stock recording timer at the background
- Display "Possible GPS failure" message if invalid location of Home point or Phantom detected
- Grayscale option to change Battery Meter and Wi-Fi Wand to black/gray/white color
- Zoom Level slider for adjusting auto-zoom level in Navigation Map and Radar Map
Fixes:
- Smarter (more accurate) way of detecting motor STOP to avoid splitting flight log and stop video recording (Auto Recording option);
- Address iOS 8.2/8.3 compatibility issues with DJI SDK

Hi does the app allow you to set the camera to take pictures at specified intervals? I use my Vision Plus for survey work and need to set the camera to take pictures at a specified time frame.

Can you use this app in conjuction with the DJI App as I am looking at this app mainly to boost my wifi strength however if it can trigger the camera to take pictures as requested it would be perfect.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31