New Firmware Update/upgrade, possible battery confusion?

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Newbie here with just a dozen or so flight hours in. I started to experience a battery issue where it would not accept a charge and the power light and LED #1 would just flash. I contacted Customer Service and they agreed and sent me an RMA and the whole sha-bang. In preparation of sending (suspected) dead battery back, battery #2 now develops the identical response and lack of charge when connected to the DJI Charging unit.

I attempted to obtain the requested screen shots of battery performance (as requested via DJI CS email), and was prompted to upgrade to Firmware 1.8.0 (which, coincidentally, is failing to install...). Any chance these two situations could be related to each other? Everything else to this point was fine (initial firmware upgrade upon initial flight was done, drone operated fine). I had a week of great flights until battery #1 was failing to charge. It just seems too odd to have batt #2 go down with the same symptoms. I was suspecting that it is actually the charger that is the culprit - now I am not sure what else may be contributing (if anything).

Advice?

Thanks

Stupid question but.... are you allowing the batteries to fully cool down before connecting to the charger?

To be completely honest, I really didn't make it a point to pay attention to that. It ultimately resolved after the 1.8.0 upgrade finally loaded, but I really don't know if I could attribute the battery issue with that at all.

Again, I am a Newbie and I can't saw I have a real pattern established yet. It has given me incentive to pay closer attention to the little things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers