New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

Few of us are having BLURRY IMAGE (See Attached) issue where you have to cycle the Color profile to get sharpness back... I would wait before you upgrade, this is frustrating experience.

There does seem to be something strange going on that can cause the image to go very blurry when switching between camera modes. Cycling the color profile does seem to fix it when it happens. Very odd. I'm not even sure how the system is producing such a blurred image - even unsharpened RAW images don't look like that.

Yes. I have strong opinion about this. The new update messed up the video definitely, I have no doubt what so ever. I made video two days ago, same condition, same light, two days ago was beautiful crispy, now it is blurry.

Second, the range is worst, I was flying from the same spot before, now I can get the same distance now keep on getting "Weak Image Signal"

We have problem. Hope they know about it and find the fix.

I have problems with the video ...
Downgrade to firmware 1.1.0301 and everything is OK.

Hi, can you outline the downgrade process for me? I need to roll back (I have blurry image bug)

Yes. I have strong opinion about this. The new update messed up the video definitely, I have no doubt what so ever. I made video two days ago, same condition, same light, two days ago was beautiful crispy, now it is blurry.

Second, the range is worst, I was flying from the same spot before, now I can get the same distance now keep on getting "Weak Image Signal"

We have problem. Hope they know about it and find the fix.

I think it's intermittent. My video is fine, and I'm getting better distances than before in same areas. Granted my distance never sucked, but this morning I got 14,000 ft no problem, no windsurfers.
Video temporarily fixed with cycling the mode to normal.

I think I found a glitch with the new firmware. I have the file index set to continuous but after the update all videos and pictures defaulted back to DJI_0001...DJI_0002 etc.

Anyone else have this issue?

I think I found a glitch with the new firmware. I have the file index set to continuous but after the update all videos and pictures defaulted back to DJI_0001...DJI_0002 etc.

Anyone else have this issue?

All go app settings revert back to default. I just set mine back to continuous, and it's fine.

I think it's intermittent. My video is fine, and I'm getting better distances than before in same areas. Granted my distance never sucked, but this morning I got 14,000 ft no problem, no windsurfers.
Video temporarily fixed with cycling the mode to normal.
Lucky you, although this is not a good news for me and hope DJI doesn't deny there is a problem.
Few weeks ago I have been more than 2 miles away.
This is version 2.8.2. the distance was bad, but the video still good
2016-06-04_V282.jpg

Now see this
2016-06-04_V283.jpg

And here side by side:
2016-06-04_Compare.jpg

That is rather unfortunate. Are these SD card files that are blurry, or just streamed?

Just tested my drone camera and I guess all looks OK. I don't use still pictures, only videos but you can see and let me know if any problems. They are JPEG, can not upload the RAW files.
DJI_0004.JPG
DJI_0005.JPG

Just tested my drone camera and I guess all looks OK. I don't use still pictures, only videos but you can see and let me know if any problems. They are JPEG, can not upload the RAW files.View attachment 56066 View attachment 56067
Still photos seem fine with the two P4s I've tried--though I've only shot in RAW. It's VIDEO compression that I've had issues with. Just got a replacement P4, (my last one had altitude drop issues and poor video quality). The new P4 holds altitude just fine, but I've noticed that the video looks just like Artur H's post, when using "color" modes other than none. My first P4 video looked worse in all modes compared to my two P3Ps. However, this replacement P4 looks horrible in all modes now except when color is set to "NONE". When set to "NONE" it actually looks better than what I'm getting with my P3Ps.

Artur, for the blurry images, did you use "NONE" for color? If so, then my "solution" isn't universal. I saw someone post on another thread that his startup and shutdown sequence seemed to effect video quality. I haven't tried that yet, but that post was written before the last firmware update.

***EDIT*** It seems that if you select color to "NONE" first, you can then select any other mode and video will be fine. If you turn your P4 off in any other color mode, you'll need to select "none" again once you power back on, then go back to your preference. If you select "none" before powering off, then you'll be fine next time you power on.***

Last edited:
Reactions: Sim597
I noticed today at sunset that my iPad Air 2 monitor display was blurrier than normal while flying my P4 with the new firmware, but when I started to capture video it cleared up. I've never seen that before, the monitor has always been the same, fairly clear for 720.

Last edited:
I just finished downgrading the P4 back to the previous firmware. Spent most of the day filming my kids and their cousins playing in the backyard and wasn't very happy with the results. Also took some stills that I thought should've been a bit crisper than they were. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive because of all the stuff I've been reading but I did it anyhow.

During the upgrade of the plane (P4), the installation was not yet completed. Then, suddenly the battery lights became almost dead. Only a very slight, hardly visible blinking of all leds of the battery. One day after disconnecting the battery this blinking still continues.

Forgot to mention: If I reinstall the battery the plane is immediately alive. Although I cannot switch the battery on of off anymore.

Hay guys,
Just updated the new firmware today,
I used to get a crack noise in the gimbal after the initializing when turning on the PH4
But after the update the noise has gone totally,

Check the firmware note: No.5 that they changed the gimbal tune !!?

Reactions: BuckyOS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT