New firmware 3.16 out

thongbong said:
The Editor said:
I've seen most of the vids re 'flyaways' on YouTube but many can be put down to pilot error and di-orientation if people are not used to flying RC aircraft. (btw - I'm not saying for one minute that yours wasn't genuine and down to pilot error I'm just pointing out that many of them are.)

One thing that has struck me with the Flyaways on the Phantom is that I have NEVER heard of one that uses an aftermarket TX/RX like a Futaba or similar.
I believe the Stock TX/RX combination is a VERY weak link in the chain. It is non channel hopping, non diversity and really prone to RF swamping.
As I say, I may be wrong but...... I have NEVER seen one yet that has had an aftermarket TX/RX fitted.

Hmm... I've heard of changing out the TX/RX. I think I'll try that next. I'm certain my flying was not pilot error as I've been flying non GPS CP helis for a while and know when something is amuck with flight control. A dji phantom is like flying a 4ch heli but easier. :mrgreen: Do you know if there have been many reports with flyaways with a Futaba TX?

Same here ! - I have been flying flybarless CP Heli's for a goof few years now so flying a quad is VERY easy in comparison :). It's nice to not so much concentrate on the 'flying' but more on the shots you want to get. I use the H3-2D in the Phantom as well and love it. actually, since getting the Phantom my heli's have had VERY little airtime :?

To answer your question, I run a Futaba T8J with the Phantom (with the SB2008 diversity RX via S-Bus) and have never had an issue. I have never heard of a problem with a Futaba and Phantom combo.
The only 'issue' to look out for is some of the S-Bus receivers to not play nicely with the Naza. The 2008 is fine though.

Gary39 said:
ArshadR said:
Gary39 said:
Next thing you know, you won't be able to recalibrate without upgrading, (shudder)

This is exactly the position I'm in right now. I have 3.14 on my phantom, and I'm on vacation and without access to my computer. I've noticed that the phantom is behaving a bit erratically and I'd like to recalibrate so I downloaded the latest SW, but it won't let me recalibrate without first upgrading to 3.16.

Given the uncertainty around 3.16, I'm hesitant to do this. So now I'm stuck without the ability to recalibrate until I get back home from vacation. ARGH! Is there somewhere where I can download the previous version of the application?
I'm begining to wonder what they have done to their software. Did you try doing what I posted earlier ? Don'use left column once you get into online help, scroll down through all the stuff until you get to naza-m, under toolbars - release history = download last version and try it. I haven't recalibrated all summer, now I'm afraid to, they may have changed the software so you can't recalibrate without upgrading. Typical dji, don't test, just force it on people, then ignore them when their crrap doesn't work, so then create another upgrade that doesn't work. Walkera has put out a "phantom" for around $300.00 I'm looking at, waiting for reviews. I've about had it with dji.
Somewhere I read a post where a guy had your problem, and he fixed it. I will see if I can find it. Something about when it told you you couldn't go any further until you upgraded, he either kept trying or clicking. I'll try to find it, must be on this forum, or subject somewhere, only place I've been concerning phantom.

The new Phantoms completely lock you out of the NAZA assist software, until you upgrade, you cannot go beyond the upgrade page, you have to upgrade the newer Phantoms, it won't let you dowgrade, and cannot go to any other menus, etc, till you have upgraded to 3.16.

thongbong said:
After maybe 100 or so flights, I had my first flyaway last week on 3.14 so I upgraded to 3.16. Yes, I wait for all greens on ALL my flights. i was flying over a lake and luckily noticed it kept a 30 degree roll angle and i was able to Yaw it back towards land where it flew sideways into some trees, then hit the sand. Its obvious by now that all the fly aways are not user related but a mechanical failure on part of the NAZA controller.

Just to be clear, you were flying in GPS mode at the time? I just experienced some really odd flight behavior, including where it was diving at a 30 degree angle even though I was not touching the left stick at all! Furthermore, when I finally got it hovering stably above my head I could not get it to come down no matter how much I pulled down on the left stick until I switched to ATTI mode. I'm an inexperienced pilot, but clearly this could not be pilot error.

ArshadR said:
thongbong said:
After maybe 100 or so flights, I had my first flyaway last week on 3.14 so I upgraded to 3.16. Yes, I wait for all greens on ALL my flights. i was flying over a lake and luckily noticed it kept a 30 degree roll angle and i was able to Yaw it back towards land where it flew sideways into some trees, then hit the sand. Its obvious by now that all the fly aways are not user related but a mechanical failure on part of the NAZA controller.

Just to be clear, you were flying in GPS mode at the time? I just experienced some really odd flight behavior, including where it was diving at a 30 degree angle even though I was not touching the left stick at all! Furthermore, when I finally got it hovering stably above my head I could not get it to come down no matter how much I pulled down on the left stick until I switched to ATTI mode. I'm an inexperienced pilot, but clearly this could not be pilot error.

could be due to the extra solar activity lately. How come there is no warning in the Phantom manual about this? I notice in the Blade 350X, they warn about flying in GPS when there is a lot of solar activity can effect GPS, also very heavy clouds can also.

hi all , i did the upgrade just now flowing step by step instructions from one of the dgi support guys,
my phantom ok now and the error 27 just gone .
its really recommended to make the compass advanced calibration directly after the upgrading to 3.16
after we fix the error 27 he said (DJI Guy) in your case, no need to reset to default setting !

any way we still working on the dead Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal , its not moving any more!

this is the way we fix My phantom:
1- do the upgrade to 3.16 following the steps.
2- cut the battery power.
3- let it cool down ( 20 minutes )
4- connect the battery , and directly do the compass advanced calibration immediately (don't wait! ).
5- once finished , recycle the power.
6- do the phantom dance in GPSS mood. ( Should be ok now )
7- try to fly , but dont go far

wish you luck all.

@mcbander
step by step instructions from one of the dgi support guys

Do you mean the salesguy where you bought your Phantom or did you actually talk to someone from DJI?! I haven't installed 3.16 yet ... still don't have my upgrade board ... have had the Zenmuse for over a month now ... so I've been reading your posts with interest. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Zircon said:
@mcbander
step by step instructions from one of the dgi support guys

Do you mean the salesguy where you bought your Phantom or did you actually talk to someone from DJI?! I haven't installed 3.16 yet ... still don't have my upgrade board ... have had the Zenmuse for over a month now ... so I've been reading your posts with interest. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

am in touch with tony wong from DJI through emails for 2 days now , and will keep it up till solve the gimbal problem .
by the way , i dont have the upgrade board and not planing to , but i installed the PMU v2 to run the Zenmuse Gimbal .

wish me good luck with the gimbal !

thanks zircon for passing by :)

I managed to get 3.14 back on my Phantom. Settings all back to defaults and recalibrated.
Flies great again.

I think I will hold off on firmware updates in future.

The Editor said:
One thing that has struck me with the Flyaways on the Phantom is that I have NEVER heard of one that uses an aftermarket TX/RX like a Futaba or similar.
I believe the Stock TX/RX combination is a VERY weak link in the chain. It is non channel hopping, non diversity and really prone to RF swamping.
As I say, I may be wrong but...... I have NEVER seen one yet that has had an aftermarket TX/RX fitted.

There are quite a few Phantom flyers at RCG who had fly-aways using aftermarket RX/TX. So it's not isolated to the stock TX/RX.

mcbander said:
thanx Gary for pass by
i did have the 3.14 from the last time ,
i just used it and try the downgrade trough the Naza Assistant 2.14 , its successfully downgraded , and showing 2.14 As The current Version For the Naza-M now .

now am trying to reset and reconfigure parameters and calibrate every thing ,
i wish it came to life after that

one more things , i think this video might help me and some people downgrade their Phantom Successfully ,but it needs german translator !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BND1a4XrQsU

regards

you cant send to me the soft 2.14 version???

my email is [email protected]

i know its an old thread, but i'm trying to install 3.16 onto my phantom 2 non-vision so i can use my BTU. Assistant is saying 3.14 is the latest tho, any ideas why i can't update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31