New firmware 3.16 out

Reaction score
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-downloads/

What’s new?
 Firmware
 Parameter configuration by NM Assistant is supported. (BTU module is required. Download the App software from iOS App store or scan the QR code to get the download link.)
 iOSD mini supported.
 S-busII receiver supported.
 Optimize the warmingup condition,to avoid a long waitperiod before aircraft can takeoff.
 Software
 Add tips for IMU Advanced calibration time out.
 Manual
 Add connection diagrams when used with other DJI products.

Is anybody else having problems upgrading the firmware to 3.16? I downloaded the NAZA M-V2 2.16 upgrade which is supposed to include the 3.16 firmware upgrade. When I hook up the Phantom to the software to upgrade the firmware, it tells me that I need to upgrade the firmware. Duh! It then has a link for the upgrades, and shows that there are no upgrades available.

If your current FW is not giving you issues, I would hold up on that and see if there are issues first. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid. I really am.

I don't think 3.14 is stable, and I am afraid to try 3.16

Someone please post your success and comments.

Darren

corderm said:
Is anybody else having problems upgrading the firmware to 3.16? I downloaded the NAZA M-V2 2.16 upgrade which is supposed to include the 3.16 firmware upgrade. When I hook up the Phantom to the software to upgrade the firmware, it tells me that I need to upgrade the firmware. Duh! It then has a link for the upgrades, and shows that there are no upgrades available.

Exact same thing happened to me and spent a good part of my afternoon trying to figure it out. Thought I was doing something wrong...hate glitchy software stuff.

Hi everyone - first post on here as I am usually lurking on the UK 'DJIGuys.com' forum!

Just to give you a heads up - I updated to v3.16 yesterday and flew around 12 flights 6 mins + (I have my timer set for 5:50 and than I allow circa 1 minute for return time but I usually have landed around 6:30) This gives me 80% discharge on my lipo's with H3-2D attached.
Anyway flew circa an hour and a half of flights yesterday running v3.16 with no issues whatsoever.
I run a Futaba T8J and a Zenmuse H3-2D on board and everything worked fine. I can't see any difference in the cold start IMU warm up time (which the firmware is supposed to improve) but I wasn't timing it !

The Editor said:
Hi everyone - first post on here as I am usually lurking on the UK 'DJIGuys.com' forum!

Just to give you a heads up - I updated to v3.16 yesterday and flew around 12 flights 6 mins + (I have my timer set for 5:50 and than I allow circa 1 minute for return time but I usually have landed around 6:30) This gives me 80% discharge on my lipo's with H3-2D attached.
Anyway flew circa an hour and a half of flights yesterday running v3.16 with no issues whatsoever.
I run a Futaba T8J and a Zenmuse H3-2D on board and everything worked fine. I can't see any difference in the cold start IMU warm up time (which the firmware is supposed to improve) but I wasn't timing it !

Hello, is your Phantom one of the newer ones? Does it have the Naza V2 already?

I am trying to upgrade to 3.16 from 3.14 and Naza Assistant 2.16 just says "no updates."
My Phantom has the Naza V1.

natscape said:
The Editor said:

I am trying to upgrade to 3.16 from 3.14 and Naza Assistant 2.16 just says "no updates."

How can I tell if I have the NAZA V2?
I got a replacement Phantom yesterday and it has the new transmitter with the springs. So it is the newer type but not sure how to check the NAZA. As of this morning I wasnt able to update to the newer firmware as it just said 3.14 was the latest.

Retroman said:
natscape said:
The Editor said:

How can I tell if I have the NAZA V2?
I got a replacement Phantom yesterday and it has the new transmitter with the springs. So it is the newer type but not sure how to check the NAZA. As of this morning I wasnt able to update to the newer firmware as it just said 3.14 was the latest.

Hmm... Good question. :p

AFAIK you'll have to take the top shell off to visually inspect the Naza MC. Red = V1, Orange = V2.

I tried to update both Naza assistant to 2.16 within the 2.14 but it failed to find the newer version. So I downloaded the newest 2.16 from phantom download page. After connecting to phantom with 2.16, the software itself is locked up on the upgrade page and showing no new firmware. Quite strange, it's hang up. Wish that it wouldnt change my setting of phantom.
I will reinstall the older version 2.14. Any guys upgraded their phantom smoothly?

Definitely a bug with the 2.16 Naza M Assistant app. I had no problems updating to 3.14 with the Naza M Assistant 2.14 app.

With Naza M 2.16 I'm getting the same errors as everyone else. It won't let you access any of the tabs except the update tab and it tells you no updates are available for the MC or GPS and that 3.14 is the maximum update.

Is it turning the Phantom into a brick or are you still operating as before with the previous FW?

I opened up my phantom this evening. It's a red NAZA with a 2012 date on it so I guess its V1. This is one of the newer Phantoms with the transmitter that has the sprung controls.

rfci.jpg

Still cant update the firmware so maybe it is just for V2 of the NAZA

Netwarrior said:
It doesn't brick the phantom because it won't even let you update the firmware.
At least that's good news.

You will only have a Naza M V2 if you added the PMU V2 module. So unlesss you have a real Naza M V2 "Orange" , or
have upgraded your Naza M V1, by adding the PMU V2, to install the Zenmuse gimbal perhaps, then the upgrade may not be for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl