New droner here P3S question

Reaction score
Hello all I'm new to the world of drones my wife picked me up a phantom 3 standard at Wal Mart on black Friday. I did my far share of Google searches and seen a lot of people talk about firmware updates. I have flown it once for about 5 mins but my drone does not show anything about firmware in the about section. I have attached two photos showing what I see I just want to make sure it is OK to fly like this. Like I said I'm new to the whole drone world.

Attachments

• IMG_20161202_180047654.jpg
    IMG_20161202_180047654.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 381
  • IMG_20161202_180337525.jpg
    IMG_20161202_180337525.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 338
Well, I figured that could might be the case. and it doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:
Looks like your using an Android, If your really concerned try a crApple.
Honestly it could show up any time, or after you reboot your Android.
DJI, is putting more effort in Apple then Android, I have both and of coarse a P3S.
All three are quirky :eek:

Not that this is important, can you play back your flight?

Rod

Yes I am using an Android I can try an apple product and see if it makes a difference. What do you mean by play back my flight? Watch the movie I recorded or like a flight log?

Sent from my XT1080 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I am using an Android I can try an apple product and see if it makes a difference. What do you mean by play back my flight? Watch the movie I recorded or like a flight log?

Sorry, just the flight log.

I didn't know you where recording movies, are they copyrighted?
Yes, I'm little twisted, but I like helping people.;)

Rod

Yes I do have a flight log, I watched it but don't know what I'm looking for

Sorry my question was,
"Not that this is important, can you play back your flight?"
I was just wondering if your Android had saved your flight.
Just another quirk thing that I was thinking about with Androids in general.

Hopefully somebody will help both of us out on your question, if we keep it live somebody will, watch the poster for (posts / likes) ;)

Rod

As @RodPad suggests, try an iOS device to see if that shows your firmware version. You'll need to know that in order to decide whether to update the firmware or not.

The compass error in your photo is likely because your Phantom is close a metal object (e.g. a heating radiator). The GPS error is because you look to be indoors.

Reactions: RodPad
Try to calibrate it again outside. Also when your drone updates make sure it's synced with the controller too and ha e you also got the latest update on the Dji go app ?

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cool, somebody is helping out!

"DJI, is putting more effort in Apple then Android, I have both and of coarse a P3S.
All three are quirky :eek:"

Rod ;)

Why is it on an Android none of this shows up but as soon as I hooked it to an apple it all shows up?

I believe there is a list of Android devices officially supported by DJI; maybe on the DJI website or in the Go app listing in the Google Play store? I've seen other reports of the firmware version only being shown on supported devices.

It looks like you have version 1.2.4 of the firmware on your Phantom. That's relatively old for a Standard (as you see in the app, it's suggesting you update to 1.7.9, which is the latest). My suggestion is stick with the version you have and try it. If all works as you expect, then you could stick with that version. Otherwise, update the firmware via the DJI Go app (via the red banner you see in the app). Ultimately, it appears every version of the firmware has some unique issue or quirk, so I don't think there's any definitive "best" version to use.

Personally, I've had 1.5.4, 1.6.8 and now using 1.7.9. I'd definitely avoid 1.6.8, but 1.5.4 and 1.7.9 both worked well for me.

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.