New drone pilot - nothing seems to be working

Reaction score
Hi all - recently purchased a P4 Pro and having issues getting my controller/iPad/drone to sync up/connect. I've watched amateur tutorials as well as DJIs and not sure what I'm doing wrong. Currently nothing is syncing/connecting. I'm using an iPad Air 2 with my controller.

Here are the steps I'm currently taking:
1. Power on controller
2. Power on drone
3. Start DJI app (I tested it with the app already open to begin with and still nothing)

In the app it displays "Disconnected" in the top left of the screen and I get no image in the app. My remote will also beep along with a red flashing status light. I've tried deleting the app, restarting the iPad, powering up everything in different order, and nothing. I used to fly Black Hawks in the Army and starting this sucker up has proved more challenging. Getting a bit discouraged, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you logged into your DJI account on the iphone? Do you have a DJI account? You will need to register the drone to activate it. Don't worry, Phantoms have confused many Blackhawks.....

Look at around 3:45 mark in this video:

Have you logged into your DJI account on the iphone? Do you have a DJI account? You will need to register the drone to activate it. Don't worry, Phantoms have confused many Blackhawks.....
I have logged into my DJI account from both my iPad and iPhone. I believe I read somewhere regarding registering your drone on DJI's site, but can't for the life of me figure out where to do so. I've registered already with the FAA, though.

I'll take a look at those videos shortly as well, thanks.

Look at around 3:45 mark in this video:

I never got an option nor saw a screen saying my device was activated. I was never prompted for anything.

Have you tried re-linking the controller to the drone

Also tried this to no avail. I get the dialog box to "Link RC?" and nothing else happens, just keeps beeping.

Annnd another edit: Status light on RC is now green, but still showing disconnected on the app. The aircraft status light is also showing green and it seems like they're connected but not much else has changed on the app.

Accidentally pressed C1 or C2 and the gimbal moved, so definitely connected, so something else might be wrong?

Edit 3: Turned off drone and RC, shut down app. Restarted everything, nothing syncing and getting RC beeping, again.

Edit 4: Turned off drone and RC, shut down app. Restarted everything, getting green lights again but nothing else. C1 or C2 still making gimball move. Control sticks also moving gimball. Status within the app is still showing as "Disconnected".

Edit 5: Just tried using my iPhone... everything seems to be working. Any idea why this wouldn't work with my iPad?

Last edited:
is your iPad is running latest iOS?
Make sure you are running the latest version of DGI Go 4 and iOS..

I have logged into my DJI account from both my iPad and iPhone. I believe I read somewhere regarding registering your drone on DJI's site, but can't for the life of me figure out where to do so. I've registered already with the FAA, though.

I'll take a look at those videos shortly as well, thanks.
You don't have to register with the FAA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub