New DJI product coming 4/23/19

Yes I honestly don't believe they would discontinue such an iconic line. The Phantoms made them. I completely understand business decisions on such things and I can see both sides of the "arguments" made regarding whether or not the Phantom series is still viable. IMHO i feel and "see" that DJI both knows and sees that dropping the Phantom series would hurt them more than help them, at least at this point in the grand scheme of quads. I could easily be wrong. But I stand by my opinion:)
By all means keep your faith in your opinion- it’s easy to appreciate the logic. I suspect you will be proven wrong at least so far as any expectation discontinuing the phantom line might impact sales. You only have to fly a Mavic style AC once to appreciate there are better designs than the phantom. Increased portability with no loss of performance means more to most than keeping a familiar style alive.

What @With The Birds says is 100% true. I fly a Phantom for work, but for personal enjoyment, I fly a Mavic styled drone. The footage is just as good and the bag I have to carry is 1/3rd the size of the Phantom's.

DJI denies that it's discontinuing it's iconic Phantom drones. THE VERGE, by Sean Hollister, 4/26/19.

DroneDJ.... Yesterday Apr 26.

Looks like market plan is to retain the P4P RTK in Enterprise side.
Expand the Mavic 2 to include a Global Shutter camera for mapping, replacing the P4P's mapping role.

I'm not entirely convinced that DJI is moving solely to the Mavic. The P4 is still superior for image clarity and stability in wind. And as far as stability in wind goes all the Phantoms are very capable and stable in wind. My gut says DJI still has something new to show us...

I'm not entirely convinced that DJI is moving solely to the Mavic. The P4 is still superior for image clarity and stability in wind. And as far as stability in wind goes all the Phantoms are very capable and stable in wind. My gut says DJI still has something new to show us...
EOL on 1 model doesn't mean all for one.
Article even states that the Phantom 5 project manager was moved to a new project. Hmmm?

Neither were exceptional in wind compared to other platforms. If a 1" Global camera was offered with M2, it'd provide similar camera as P4P.

As far as new model, I've heard little tidbits for a small consumer size Hex. If they brought out a small Hex, MFT 360 camera, high wind capable, interchangeable lenses, dual battery... they'd have a market ruler.

Reactions: 3rdof5
I personally hope this will be a new flying unit and not another Osmo. I do want a second AC. I love my P3P and tbh i have zero interest in a Xender Discord Omegle P4 for many reasons. I've been looking at the Mavics but I guess I'm just biased towards the Phantoms. Cmon DJI, show me something cool and I will buy it..
Perhaps a beer dispenser that flies. You all know we need one of those.

Last edited:
I saw it for the first time when Haility posted it. It was probably first thought of the day of (if not before) the first ever drone flight. Original ideas are rare.
My only curiosity is, he posted it word by word from what I said.

I see now a DJI announcement for something on May 15th in the email. It will be an underwater drone... I bet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164