New DJI Goggles don't support Phantom 3's ?

Yes, No or Maybe Are you more or less likely now to upgrade your DJI Aircraft?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I consider this a major insult to P3 Owners. This also means that anything else DJI puts out will probably not support the majority of DJI's Customers. We, the P3 Owners made DJI successful. We, the P3 Owners have been the major cheerleaders of this Company. And they shut us out of their new offering.

Dear DJI, I will no longer recommend your products. I will advise my peers to look for other alternatives. We, the P3 Owners have helped to elevate your Company and you S**T on us and take us for granted.

In the future, if I purchase any more of your products they will be second hand to remove any profit going to you. And I will work hard to find a commercial partner that respects me as a vital link to its ongoing success.

Rod Cambridge

Last edited:
Reactions: alam3
I guess you could have it work via HDMI if you have the kit ..but it looks like P4 & Mavic as of now

Reactions: Rod Cambridge
I thought that provided you have the HDMI module on your RC the goggles will work with the 3 series in much the same way as Headplay etc. Admittedly, you don't have the extra features like head tracking, but you still have a great set of FPV goggles.
I'm not stating this as an absolute fact, so please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

I thought that provided you have the HDMI module on your RC the goggles will work with the 3 series in much the same way as Headplay etc.
That's correct.

DJI is just like any tech company in the world... They want people to buy their latest products only. They want to make money.

It's no big deal, just buy one of the new DJI quads that are compatible if the $450 goggles are that important to you.
Why cry about it.
Or just use litchi and it's FPV features. A pair of goggles and your phone will cost you less than $25.

I don't own goggles, so how would or does it work with litchi. Goggles bluetooth from phone or what

I don't own goggles, so how would or does it work with litchi. Goggles bluetooth from phone or what
You can get the 3D type goggles just anywhere. In litchi, there is a little symbol of goggles in the upper right corner. You just tap that and the screen turns into a stereo view of what your camera sees, you then slide your phone into the goggles and put them on.
Litchi connects to your controller just like DJI GO does. It is an awesome feature included with litchi.
Do a YouTube search or look on litchi's website for more details.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Every time I read anything anything about these goggles they always mention the Mavic and the onboard menu system that the goggles offer for changes to the camera etc. They never mention actually that the P4P will be able to access this menu. I know the P4P is able to use head tracking but that does not interest me at all I'm more interested in being able to make changes to my camera settings on the fly via the goggles. Has anyone got any confirmation that the onboard menu system in the goggles and the touchpad will be utilized with the P4 series?

Reactions: Kaspers1
Personally I think it is BS that the P3 series is not supported. I have some experience with software development, etc. and while I don't know the code for the P3 off the back of my hand, it shouldn't be that hard for DJI to integrate support for the P3 into the goggles.

The P3 and P4 are not that much different. They both used the same app for a decent while, and while they were different products with different firmwares, they adjusted the app to accommodate both.

Really though, DJI is the front runner in UAV tech and quality, long range FPV. They developed this stuff from the start, and looking at the technologies, all of their product lines are fairly related. Like it or not Mavic owners, but Ocusync is basically the same lightbridge on a P3A/P. WHy they cannot adapt the goggles to that is a mystery.

More frustrating is the fact that DJI is still selling refurbed P3A/P models, so they should be under some obligation to "support" these for some period of time. When I say support, I mean firmware updates, etc.

Reactions: slbynum and macoman
I also discovered that my recently purchased DJI goggles are not fully supported by the Phantom 3. TO be clear the googles only provide a 'live view' - they cannot control the gimbal or yaw with the goggles by head movements - as with the Mavic or Phantom 4. And the 'live view' is only attainable AFTER I installed a new HDMI module, the 'P3 Pt54 HDMI Output Module' at an extra cost of $99. The total outlay with tax came to $595.

In the DJI manual they call the head-controlled capability 'somatic control'. Not having this feature is a deal-breaker for me as I bought the DJI goggles primarily for this 'somatic' capability. Not only that, you cannot use the Goggles to fly the P3 either. I believe its because the P3 doesn't have the 'occusync' protocol. The DJO goggles basically a really expensive FPV if you have a P3.

I'm going to take them back. Luckily I discovered this less than 30 days after I bought them - within the return window. I'm very annoyed that this was not made abundantly clear when I was purchasing, both by the dealer AND the DJI website. I do take some responsibility for not picking this up during the consideration stage, but the information is so buried that I ultimately think DJI's negligence in this matter borders on false advertising. Has anyone else had this experience?

The phantom 3 has been in the market for over two years- quit the whining and upgrade if you want the latest features. If DJI doesn’t continue with new models as and when the developers of the smart tech DJI relays on come out with something new and better someone else will. Personally I’m hoping for some competition to DJI but nobody gets near them in the toy UAV market yet.

You didn't grasp what I was saying - reread the post. My complaint wasn't about the lack of support for older models - it was that they don't clearly communicate the support or non-support of older models. If you're gonna troll, at least try and get the story straight.
Did I quote you in my post? No. That usually means you shouldn’t, and in fact can’t safely, assume a response is directed at your post. I hadn’t read your post when I responded, I have now- I agree with your point. Perhaps it is you who is trolling?

So after all the above has been said, and you have fitted a new HDMI module, to your controller, does this mean you can use a dji phantom 3 advanced for for flying..?

Dear DJI, I will no longer recommend your products. I will advise my peers to look for other alternatives. We, the P3 Owners have helped to elevate your Company and you S**T on us and take us for granted.

In the future, if I purchase any more of your products they will be second hand to remove any profit going to you. And I will work hard to find a commercial partner that respects me as a vital link to its ongoing success.

Let us know if you get a response from that. We'll be watching.

So after all the above has been said, and you have fitted a new HDMI module, to your controller, does this mean you can use a dji phantom 3 advanced for for flying..?
You don't need the HDMI module to fly the Phantom 3 advanced. It will fly right out of the box.
The HDMI module is for add an external viewing device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31