New Crystal sky ??

Does anybody use the bigger version (7.8) of CS monitor at Phantom 4P?
The problem is (as I have p4p+) even if I decide to replace the original (5'5), I'll not know how to replace it.
Yes.. I use 7.8 ultra bright with my P4Pv2.
Works great ....In the past I've gone through 2 crystalsky's and I'm on my 3rd with burnt out backlights.
Since the last 2 updates, it works fine. my current one has not played up for 7 months.
As a screen they are awesome. As a tablet, they are buggy & laggy.

Ordered my CS from advexure Saturday morning 11 a.m. it's already at my house good job advexure!

Well, you can't go over the physics. The brightness sure has its limit in such devices.
But I can say that my Crystall sky is perfect just a bit too small. If I could replace it for 7.8 it would be great!
Can you tell me how you put it on the RC and if there must be any software upgrade?
Yes.. I use 7.8 ultra bright with my P4Pv2.
Works great ....In the past I've gone through 2 crystalsky's and I'm on my 3rd with burnt out backlights.
Since the last 2 updates, it works fine. my current one has not played up for 7 months.
As a screen they are awesome. As a tablet, they are buggy & laggy.

Well, you can't go over the physics. The brightness sure has its limit in such devices.
But I can say that my Crystal sky is perfect just a bit too small. If I could replace it for 7.8 it would be great!
Can you tell me how you put it on the RC and if there must be any software upgrade?
It's not possible to upgrade the P4P+ built in 5.5" display with the 7.8" CS display. You would need to buy the GL300F RC without display ($399/ea), then buy the mounting bracket kit ($79) for the CS and buy the 7.8" CS version you prefer (bright $699 or ultra $999).

These are two different products. Technically your + display isn't a Crystal Sky, as it can't support all the things a CS can do. The 7.8" CS is a detachable tablet that has it's own battery, it's not powered by the RC battery like your P4P+ RC. The CS 7.8" is designed to be a detachable tablet that can playback the drone's SD card video to a big TV (including 4K) via HDMI cable from the CS to the TV, without the RC. It's also much thicker and heavier than your + display. It's completely different, hence it's apples and oranges ergonomically, and not compatible in any way with your + controller. It also has it's own special SEPARATE embedded firmware, since it's so different.

Last edited:
Crap, I got home to start playing with my new CS and got a note from the postal office that I have to
sign for it :( I'll get it tomorrow :)

Crap, I got home to start playing with my new CS and got a note from the postal office that I have to
sign for it :( I'll get it tomorrow :)
Maybe soon you’ll have a play.
MadRC on YouTube has lots of how to videos on CS
Good luck

Maybe soon you’ll have a play.
MadRC on YouTube has lots of how to videos on CS
Good luck
Just picked it up and hooked it up but I'm charging the batteries, boy does the screen look bright. I love the Ergo nomics of it all the ports in the side to hook up just about anything, microSD card is that going to be nice. Just a quick handling of it doesn't feel much heavier than my iPad 2017.

How long does it take to initially charge the battery and usually how long while using. I understand depends upon how much you use it.

Just picked it up and hooked it up but I'm charging the batteries, boy does the screen look bright. I love the Ergo nomics of it all the ports in the side to hook up just about anything, microSD card is that going to be nice. Just a quick handling of it doesn't feel much heavier than my iPad 2017.

CS does not record video to the card in the CS tablet, there is a fellow on YT with excellent videos on its features and how to use them ( English accent) while your charging your batteries up [emoji106] search “ Mad RC” on YT

Reactions: DOC 1500
CS does not record video to the card in the CS tablet, there is a fellow on YT with excellent videos on its features and how to use them ( English accent) while your charging your batteries up [emoji106] search “ Mad RC” on YT
Thanks I will check it out :

Thanks I will check it out :
Took out the p4p for 15 min today with the Cs 7.85 all I can say is ....OMG
My back was to the sun right on the screen, can see it perfectly clear . no glitches whatsoever , didn't fly that far away enjoyed it immensely.
If I have any problems I will definitely post it.. doing a benefit video photo shoot this weekend we'll see how it works, love it so far.
Advexure shipped this monitor really fast.

Now have two missions, 4 total flights on my CS (7.8" high bright) no issues with flying the A/C, still some issues with flight logs but gees I can SEE THE SCREEN

Now have two missions, 4 total flights on my CS (7.8" high bright) no issues with flying the A/C, still some issues with flight logs but gees I can SEE THE SCREEN
Mine is a high brightness as well. Let's keep posting what's happening with the high brightness so that others can make a decision if they decide to buy.

You know I'm really glad I never spent all that money on one of those Crystal Sky things. My iPad 4 Mini has worked just fine, and for those times when the sun is really bright and it's difficult to see the screen well? I just walk over to some shade and continue to fly all I want. I've never needed anything more.

I figured why blow up to $1,000. on a screen that you can only use on Quadcopter.

Bud

I just got my CS 7.85 High brightness couple days ago. Been flying it all day at a benefit.
No problems at all, best $700
I spent for the Drone.

I just got my CS 7.85 High brightness couple days ago. Been flying it all day at a benefit.
No problems at all, best $700
I spent for the Drone.

So the magic question , how’s the screens responsiveness to touch commands does it require multiple touch’s, screen lock-ups , or reboots needed... those were a few of the things that affected the few I tried .. I hope they did work out the bugs cause even though I picked up a iPad Pro its still no comparison to the CS display

So the magic question , how’s the screens responsiveness to touch commands does it require multiple touch’s, screen lock-ups , or reboots needed... those were a few of the things that affected the few I tried .. I hope they did work out the bugs cause even though I picked up a iPad Pro its still no comparison to the CS display
Yes actually there were a couple of times had to hit a button two or three times.

They are buggy & laggy heaps of poo.
But the screen is Awesome.
The good points outway the bad for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT