New Canadian Drone Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Transport Canada has released its new regulations concerning the operation of drones in the country......the new and updated rules come into effect June 1st, 2019.
Those of us flying DJI Phantom 2,3 or 4 series of aircraft will have to register their aircraft and will have 2 levels of flight certification to choose from: basic and advanced.
In addition to common sense rules saying you need to stay away from airports, emergency scenes, Transport Canada also points out that you can't be drunk or impaired by any type of drug and fly your drone.
Fines for such infractions can be as high as $3,000.

The one aspect of the new regulations I am pleased about is the fact that Transport Canada has eased the earlier ban on drone flying after sunset.

They are now saying that night time flying is fine as long as your drone has ' special lights '. This would mean the red and green navigational lights already standard equipment on Phantoms.
I checked with Transport Canada yesterday and was told that 2 of your aircraft's navigation lights should be flashing during night time flights.

Again, your DJI Phantom 3 or 4 series of aircraft meets that requirement.

I had posted some time ago that Transport Canada had promised to 'revisit' some of its previous regulations and they have done so with regard to night time flight operations. :)

For a detailed look at the new regulations and information on how to apply for flight operation certification, Transport Canada says all information will be on line shortly.

For those of us who enjoy night time flying......it's a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik