New Canadian Drone Licences

I know nothing about you Joe, I didn't join this forum to be trolled.
I did already apologize for what I wrote, so now you can't read?

OK, so I just saw your apology, I am not a seasoned user of these forums.
Just because I have been here since 2004 it does not mean I am experienced.

One of the biggest flaws in these online discussion forums is that people either do not read a post in its entirety or they read and absorb only what suits their agenda. In your case, you didn't read on because you found a spot that you could jump on and take advantage of it to make yourself look good, by calling out someone who is a "cheater"!
Notice that even if others didn't read it all, nobody else went ahead with labeling!

Where do you get that I am "trolling" you, I don't know, but if it makes you feel better I will not use these forums any more, nothing but confusion for me anyway, I already said earlier I will stick with Facebook......

As they would say at 9745.78 Mhz VHF frequency: Over And out!

:)

I'm not here to make enemies Joe,
I just think it defeats the purpose of any exam to use google. Perhaps the word "cheater"" was inappropriate.
How would you feel if someone "googled" the answers to obtain a Marine License?
Just my 2 cents

As you see, there are a number of unfair to say the least, Qs on the Basic test and from what I read, the Advanced as well.
They made a test that appears to be purposely designed to be unfair. Therefore, I feel tit-for-tat if I Google what frequency a Quebec air traffic control tower uses.
It is almost as if the test was not really designed to teach you responsible flying but rather to limit who gets the ticket.
Putting us drone owners not far from gun owners. Soon we'll be saying "drones don't kill people, drone pilots do"! ;)

At Bluffers Park in Scarborough the gang-bangers routinely target practice at night with their nice expensive guns, now they fly their expensive racing drones and some larger ones as well. They knock each other out of the air, some get pissed and take a hand gun to shoot a drone down. They crash land on the boats (around 120 year-round liveaboard yachts and floating homes in there).
I had clients / friends report to me with pictures of crashed ones, one a DJI Inspire and one a Yuneec that we actually saved the camera from.
Cops don't go to the park to bother these guys at night - I know, I have a few friends who are cops.

I say the above, because no matter how many of us cheat on our drone exams, there will always be bad guys out there who just simply do not even bother to try, they just fly and ain't nobody goin' to stop them.

Don't get me going on the boating competency ticket, LOL, that is another joke. Guys come together to drink beer and then one guy will take the test for a bunch of his buddies. It (the boater card) did nothing for our industry to increase safety, nor the smarts of our boaters.....

Conversely, I'm thinking they should come up with a competency test for snowmobilers! It should be very heavy on teaching situational awareness regarding when it is safe to go on the ice. Many people already perished this winter around our area here, even a couple in their 70s who drowned about a week ago in the ice, only a few hundred feet from shore......

If someone needs Google to answer a question then that someone was cluless to the answer... Just saying.
Either way.. The tests were obviously designed by a non Drone pilot... IMO

With all the news about people now needing drone licenses has anyone taken the test? If so, how hard is it and what kind of test questions are asked.

I’ve been trying to find a “study guide” before taking it but can’t seem to find anything.

Not sure if this helps but I am studying now, after failing the first attempt. I came across a series of 8 youtube videos to help study, called Don Drones On. what a nightmare trying to navigate Canadian regs AIM and CAR.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik