New CAA consultation here in the UK.

Reaction score
The CAA are proposing a charge of £16.50 when the registration of drones becomes law here in the UK, to cover their costs. They have opened an online page that explains the why's and wherefores with a link to the page where you can have your say. Personally I don't have a problem.
This is the link...

The CAA are proposing a charge of £16.50 when the registration of drones becomes law here in the UK, to cover their costs. They have opened an online page that explains the why's and wherefores with a link to the page where you can have your say. Personally I don't have a problem.
This is the link...
I probably have no reason to say anything, but isn’t that kinda high. You pay taxes to make theCAA and their operations. Yet, they want that kind of money to register your drone. The government always has their hand out and always an excuse for wanting more money. Kids do the same thing. How about just telling them no, do your job. Government agencies should be more efficient and be ran like a business.

Reactions: sdileon
Thanks, response submitted. Whilst supporting registration for all I don’t think it is enforceable therefor wrong if only those who are responsible have to pay anything.

• IT hosting and security costs;
  • CAA personnel and helpdesk;
  • identity verification;
  • a national education and awareness campaign; and
  • costs of further upgrades to the initial drone registration service.
And the benefit to me for the proposed £16.50 is .....?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj