New boy on the block

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the group, I've got a few birds to the collection and after watching a few videos of the phantom vision I was totally hooked. Add to cart without even looking to see if there was any problems and was it really out the box flying. Having recieved it this week I was on the edge of the seat looking forward to getting out with it. Due to high winds and rain has put it on hold so decided to have a good look what the situation was found this group and now im not sure if I've made the right decision to purchase one.
I guess the answer is already on here somewhere but do you guys suggest I wait for any firmware updates befor taking her out for a fly? I'm just so nervous now to end up loosing it on the first flight.im not worried about being able to fly it because I currently have an F550 hex which I've hot the hang of. But the fact people are saying that there's been problems of the dropping out the sky so I'm just after a heads up of what to expect and any advice in wether to wait for any bugs to be ironed out before thinking of going out.

Sorry in advance for probably the same questions people have asked but there's that many posts I've been looking at I'm not asking for an easy way out of investigating just some help to guide me to the right place

Regards

Adam

There are still problems, but there have been many fixes and there are goodies on the way, soon, with another firmware update. I truly believe that most of the PV's major problems are behind us.

In any case, welcome aboard and I'm sure you'll really enjoy flying your new bird.

And by all means, yes!!! Install all of the updates before you take her up...

-slinger

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was in your shoes. new at this, having just received a new Vision, and wondering what would happen with all the horror stories. Fast forward two weeks, I did what everyone recommended here and have been flying it and loving every minute. In fact, I just ordered another one (a Phantom 2 w/gimbal). My only advice: Go out and have a ball.

Khakis1999 said:
New boy. Read the threads and gain the knowledge. Put some effort in, we don't have time to answer questions that already have answers here. Educate yourself and don't ask questions already answered 5 times. You will find doing that, will wear your welcome out fast.

This is supposed to be fun and we re supposed to be helpful to others... Just FYI.

amrflyingdude said:
Khakis1999 said:
New boy. Read the threads and gain the knowledge. Put some effort in, we don't have time to answer questions that already have answers here. Educate yourself and don't ask questions already answered 5 times. You will find doing that, will wear your welcome out fast.

This is supposed to be fun and we re supposed to be helpful to others... Just FYI.

Unlike many forums... that IS the case 99% of the time on here. This is a very helpful crew and I hope any Noobs tuned in here aren't put off by this...

On the other hand... We've been talking about adding some stickeys to this forum so all new users will immediately see, and always be able to easily refer to:

A SAFE pre-flight checklist
Detailed update documentation
What all those pretty flashing lights mean... in both modes...

I'm not sure Adam has seen our previous posts on this subject, but I'm going to approach him re: this to see what his take is...

-slinger

+3
I've seen this attitude here several times now and commented to other videographers.....anyway

To the OP, I'm new here also and new to the Phantom. I fly at least 4 times a week just to get the hang of it. I had and still have the same concerns as you but so far,other than pilot error...no issues.
There are fly aways but considering how many of these have been sold, I think the true percentage is small.

Welcome Adam, I'm no old timer here, but feel sort of like one since I have really taken full advantage of the abundance of info on this forum. I've read so many threads, my eyes are starting to hurt, and I can truly say I've seen people go way out of their way to help trouble shoot all sorts if issues, because the answer, when found, will help lots of people. It's as if there is an endless quest to store answers here.

I also think that the problem solving nature of this particular forum has lead to an emphasis on problems and or issues with the phantom 2 vision, giving many of us an uneasy fealing, when,for the most part, peoples' experiences are great with it. I for one , haven't had one single issue, and I received mine 2 or 3 days before preorders arrived at people's homes. Having said that, my experiences with this forum have given me pause, and I only just got the nerve to do any updates. ( I was thinking, why fix what's not broken) Now that I did them, all is still good, though another update was just released.

Don't get me wrong, there are real concerns out there, but it can sometimes be like watching the evening news in a big city. If that's all you watched, you might not leave your house out of fear.

Maybe a bit of fear is good, so you always do proper pre flight, and fly in safe open areas as much as possible, ( I'm in los Angeles California, open areas on a week day can be hard to come by, hence, I have a million sunset photos over the ocean) since there is always that concern in the back of our heads. I know it has kept me in check.

The fear has made me put an if found call this number sticker on it, and I'm contemplating a gps tracker with a prepaid sim card. Some thread had one that will,text reply its coordinates to you. Those are just an idea of the types of tips I got hear that wouldn't have crossed my mind, without the climate of caution and problem solving on this forum.

Didn't plan on being so long winded, but I have truly gotten a lot from this forum.

Rich

Only just managed to get back online due to internet problem.

Down to british weather not had chance to get out with the PV.. So been having a read up.

Thanks for all the responses.. I noticed one comment was removed, not here to cause a fuss as I know from previous forums it is a pain for duplicated questions.. But end of the day it's not possible to read every post so I will try my best to join in and give feedback.

By the looks of it there is a lot of information available so I'm glad to be part of the team.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj