New Battery Won't Charge

Reaction score
I'm new to the Phantom, just bought a P3S and the battery will not hold a charge. I plug the charger in first than the battery, the #1 LED flashes 3 times while the red light stays on, than they both shut off. It does this once every 1.5 secs. I tried turning on the battery and then plugging in the charger to wake the battery up from hibernation, I thought it worked because the #1 LED just flashed continuously but than it went back to the previous pattern after a few minutes. Does anybody know what's going on before I return this phantom for a refund at Walmart? Thanks!

Sounds like you got a bad one. I recently bought one from Amazon and it would not charge no matter what I tried. Returned it to amazon. Sold thru Camrise. Still waiting for a refund. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck

Reactions: Phantomtastic21
kromar thanks, that's what it seems like. Walmart does not have anymore Phantoms in stock and they are clearing out all of their DJI products so they're becoming hard to find. I'm gonna have to try to find another one somewhere else. Too bad, I thought $399 was a fair price for a new Phantom.

Oh bummer you got a bad one with the drone. I just got my new one from B&H. $115 free shipping. Maybe Walmart will give you credit for the battery off the price of the drone. Good luck

If you just bought it and it’s under warranty DJI should replace the battery. That way you could keep the drone. I’d call DJI if Walmart won’t work with you.

Thanks man, I returned it sadly. I didn't want to risk going through what you said with the battery and DJI only to find out it's the charger that isn't working properly. Sucks because I can't find another P3S anywhere for $399 new. All the Wal-Mart's near me are out of stock.

Sorry. Did you check with DJI for a reconditioned one. I think you still get a warranty

Same thing happened with mine... I got 2 batteries. The one that shipped inside the P4P did something similar. I had to send the battery back to B&H (where I purchased it). I read these DOA battery stories everywhere. Good luck

Yeah in hindsight maybe I should have just sent the battery back, but it's too late now. Sucks because I can't find a brand new P3S anywhere for 399. I did find a "dji refurbished" for 399 + shipping, might have to go that route now.

Reactions: kromar

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesmith1016