New Battery Troubles

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed a lot on here, but I could not locate any good threads to help, so here it goes. My P2V is blinking five fast red lights occasionally now. It started when a new battery I purchased. Now it is happening with a formerly very trustworthy battery. So now both batteries have the blinking problem and I'm just too scared to fly the thing now. Do I need to clean the contacts or is are the batteries bad?

Although you could not find an answer to your specific question, you still can post it in an appropriate existing thread about the battery issues. When you do it will bring it back up to the top so it will be noticed by everybody, just as you are trying for now. If nobody replies after a while you can post again under your first one and type bump or add some more info. This will once again bring it to the top. If after this you get no reply, there may be nobody that can help with your issue. But that probably would never be the case.

Doing it this way helps to keep the forum cleaner and easier for users to find what they are looking for.

As for your question, should you clean your contacts. Well yes try that, it is a very easy thing to do and really doesn't need to be a question. If that fails then ask for help.

Just common forum etiquette, form and function.

I cleaned the contacts with alcohol and tried out one of the batteries. I had a complete, perfect flight. I'll try the second battery tomorrow and I'm hoping it behaves the same.

Is it just me?
I mean really.
I guess if Adam doesn't mind this place getting so messy, why should I.
It just seems as though everybody is just trashing this forum because nobody is putting a stop to it.
No skin off my back.

I'm sorry I have bothered you so much. Some of us are fairly new to the forum and don't know all of the finer details.

Ok I am doing a little research here.
You are new to the Phantom?
How about forums in general, are you new to them also?

New battery troubles?
Come On now ;) ......lets be honest here. They are not new.......are they? I get the feeling they are the "old" battery problems.....Right? You know, the same problems everybody has been talking about. The sooner you are honest to us, the sooner you can be honest with yourself. ;)

As much as this may give one person on this site a heart attack, I'm going to ask for help as I have spent hours looking for a similar situation but have not found it. So one of my batteries works fine every flight. One does something odd. It does not give the infamous "battery not detected" message. What happens is the red, rapid flashing waring lights start, at random times, and my battery and percent charged turn red on my phone. But the battery level always stays where it is, it never goes to zero. Everything just flashes red. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. If so is there a fix or do I need to send the battery back? Thanks.

Jax Quad said:
As much as this may give one person on this site a heart attack, I'm going to ask for help as I have spent hours looking for a similar situation but have not found it. So one of my batteries works fine every flight. One does something odd. It does not give the infamous "battery not detected" message. What happens is the red, rapid flashing waring lights start, at random times, and my battery and percent charged turn red on my phone. But the battery level always stays where it is, it never goes to zero. Everything just flashes red. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. If so is there a fix or do I need to send the battery back? Thanks.

I was having a similar problem. It was on my second P2V (first one crashed due to invalid battery issue) and it happened on the first flight. Talked to DJI (California) via email and phone. They said it was a bad battery. Asked that I return the battery to the dealer (DroneFly) and they would send a replacement plus an additional battery for my troubles. I just received the new batteries the other day. Have not had a chance to test them. Hopefully will get a chance this weekend.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that my issue only occurred when the battery was less than 50% and under full load (high current draw?). It was also fairly cold, about 20F.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl