New Battery Issues

Reaction score
Just got my spare BATT from camera box finally. So I went to fly after fully charging and it dropped from 100 to 15 in about 4 minutes. Let it cool then charged it again. I notice that after fully charging that there is still a random blinking light every few seconds?? Second flight was about the same thing, dropping really fast. Glad I knew to keep it in close!

Bad Cell or?

What does the battery info say in the Pilot app? Seems like a defective battery though as it should never be doing that.

What does the battery info say in the Pilot app? Seems like a defective battery though as it should never be doing that.

I have it charging again now. I will put it back in in a few minutes. Just finished charging already and the second light from the power switch is blinking twice off twice off. need to look that code up

I'm interested to hear more about this as you try and figure it out.

I, too, got a battery from thecamerabox, and mine has worked flawlessly. I'm guessing you just got unlucky. Try contacting them and see what they recommend.

uploadfromtaptalk1434676486255.jpg

It looks like a bad cell :(

I wouldn't continue to fly with that battery if I was you.

Dang that sucks, it looks like a bad cell. I wonder if it would be worth trying to completely discharging and then do a full recharge just to see if there is any difference?

Oh I was flying about 4 feet off my soft grass, I didnt go anywhere. I dont go far until Im comfortable. Just wanted to make sure I need to send it back or if there was some technique to resolve the issue.

Reactions: Jbundy63
Dang that sucks, it looks like a bad cell. I wonder if it would be worth trying to completely discharging and then do a full recharge just to see if there is any difference?
did that three times now down to 10% Boxing it back up.

have you tried charging it then leaving it on the charger intill the weird blinking light goes out. I'm wondering if when its doing that at the end of the charge if its still balancing the cells.

have you tried charging it then leaving it on the charger intill the weird blinking light goes out. I'm wondering if when its doing that at the end of the charge if its still balancing the cells.
I left it on all night. Didn't seem to help. Trying to send it back. Waiting on a response from the camera box.

Congrats on using a brain. Sorry about the DOA battery. Nice work at diagnostics without risking the UAV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic