New battery charging problem

Reaction score
New drone and battery. Controller charged no problem but battery power light comes on when charger attached then single charge light flashes sixteen times. All goes black then comes on and repeats. Any solution? Supplier says do firmware update but how if battery flat?
Thanks

What happens when you put the battery in the drone and power it up?

Should have said it’s Phantom Pro 4. When trying to switch on in drone get one full cycle all four lights and seitches straight off.

IF......its Under a warranty...Why should you have to fiddle with it.......You need a new battery after all the money you have spent on it...Battery's and Props are two of the most Important things for a safe Flight !...."Good Luck" !

New drone and battery. Controller charged no problem but battery power light comes on when charger attached then single charge light flashes sixteen times. All goes black then comes on and repeats. Any solution? Supplier says do firmware update but how if battery flat?
Thanks
Which of the lights is blinking? And is it 16 times without a pause? Or is it a series of 3 or 4 blinks separated by a short pause?

Left light flashes 13 fast then three times slower before it appears to switch off. Starts again after about 10 secs and does exactly the same

Left light flashes 13 fast then three times slower before it appears to switch off. Starts again after about 10 secs and does exactly the same
That's not a normal flash code. I agree with Dji that a battery FW update would be the first test but as you say that's impossible at the moment. All I can think of is try to power on the battery and while its doin its 16 flashes THEN connect the charger and see what happens.

Beginning to drive me madder. Tried again and was still doing the sixteen flashes on cell one and switching off. Removed from charged and plugged back in - now cell three flashes three times and all goes black then repeats after a couple of seconds. Any ideas on this change?

Based on everything I've seen on the first (far left) light blinking it means the battery is defective

Reactions: Alba Drone
Return and replace that battery. Even if you figure out a way to hack it to a powered state, I'd never trust it in my drone.

Returned to supplier. They thought I should buy a new one from them to enable the return but I refused. New battery bought locally and no problems. No doubt I’ll get a replacement when the original supplier checks the return and realises it’s actually not working. Still a bit if a cheek though expecting the solution to be buy another

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.