NEW AND NEED HELP!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Bought my first quadcopter, Phantom2 vision+ I am having multiple issues. Exactly what needs to be calibrated other than the compass. I have tried getting into the app and calibrate the sticks, but see nothing happing when I move the sticks all around. I show green lights, have 7 sats, but it still remains unstable when hovering, is moving a little. I have both toggles up, in gps mode. Also am having an issue with losing the signal on the wireless wi fy. I have the app loaded in my HTC one android phone. Exactly what is the IMU calibration I have read about, and how is it done. Also any info on the stick calibration would be helpful. I am lost in space...

Hi everyone. Bought my first quadcopter, Phantom2 vision+ I am having multiple issues. Exactly what needs to be calibrated other than the compass. I have tried getting into the app and calibrate the sticks, but see nothing happing when I move the sticks all around. I show green lights, have 7 sats, but it still remains unstable when hovering, is moving a little. I have both toggles up, in gps mode. Also am having an issue with losing the signal on the wireless wi fy. I have the app loaded in my HTC one android phone. Exactly what is the IMU calibration I have read about, and how is it done. Also any info on the stick calibration would be helpful. I am lost in space...
OK mate sorry to say but this does sound like you should read through the manual a few times. You need to download the latest pc assistant software so you can update to the latest firmware, calibrate you're sticks and imu. I would cease all flying until you do all this and do a lot more reading or I hate to say it but you will crash and burn your new expensive drone very shortly. We see this all the time. When you have read up on how to connect your phantom to your pc and everything you need to do there, you then need to learn about calibrating your compass outside and where not to do it, you need to learn how to lock your home point and after all that is done before you even get to take off find a very very wide open space with no trees or buildings within 200m of you in all directions. Please heed this advice. Your phantom may be ready to fly out of the box but your are not ready to fly it. Hope I'm not coming across as a jerk but I am doing this for you, it pains me everytime a new flyer posts up "first flight and it crashed, wtf"

OK mate sorry to say but this does sound like you should read through the manual a few times. You need to download the latest pc assistant software so you can update to the latest firmware, calibrate you're sticks and imu. I would cease all flying until you do all this and do a lot more reading or I hate to say it but you will crash and burn your new expensive drone very shortly. We see this all the time. When you have read up on how to connect your phantom to your pc and everything you need to do there, you then need to learn about calibrating your compass outside and where not to do it, you need to learn how to lock your home point and after all that is done before you even get to take off find a very very wide open space with no trees or buildings within 200m of you in all directions. Please heed this advice. Your phantom may be ready to fly out of the box but your are not ready to fly it. Hope I'm not coming across as a jerk but I am doing this for you, it pains me everytime a new flyer posts up "first flight and it crashed, wtf"

Well done, Sir. :D

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
LMAO!!! No doubt!

Gordon Newell, you can download the full Phantom manual here. Read through it very carefully.

At the above site, you'll also find the Phantom Assistant and R/C Assistant applications -- along with the DJI WIN drivers (if you're using Windows).

Here are some videos you should watch:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can find more helpful videos and other tips here:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Before flying, you should do the following:

- Update your Phantom firmware
- Calibrate the IMU
- Calibrate the remote controller (do it this way)
- Calibrate the compass

Last edited:

Gordon Newell, you can download the full manual from the link below. Read through it very carefully.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

At the above site, you'll also find the Phantom Assistant and R/C Assistant applications -- along with the DJI WIN drivers (if you're using Windows).

https://www.phantomhelp.com/#V+

- Calibrate the IMU
- Calibrate the compass

If there were a "really like" button I'd poke it.

Gordon Newell, you can download the full manual from the link below. Read through it very carefully.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

https://www.phantomhelp.com/#V+

- Calibrate the IMU
- Calibrate the compass
OK, spent the night reading what I already had, watched some more video. I am good to go, All calibrations are done, I did find the problem with losing the video/camera or loss of signal on the wy fy extender. On my HTC phone, have to put it in airplane mode. Only issue left is I can't get the video, camera app working on my Android Asus tablet. All controls and battery levels, radar and other icons show on the sides, but NO picture/video. Anyone else had a similar problem? It's a Asus transformer. And thanks to all here who have steered me in the right direction, as well as my Phantom2!! Thanks again.

OK, spent the night reading what I already had, watched some more video. I am good to go, All calibrations are done, I did find the problem with losing the video/camera or loss of signal on the wy fy extender...

Hey Gordon WiFi is the radio signal that lets stuff talk to other stuff.

wy fy is nothing, but I'm WYfly... LOL Glad your getting things sorted out. :p

Hey Gordon WiFi is the radio signal that lets stuff talk to other stuff.

wy fy is nothing, but I'm WYfly... LOL Glad your getting things sorted out. :p

Hey IflyinWY, "your" is possessive, "you're" is the homonym you were looking for :p

**** it, I'm gonna get fired from my job with the grammar police now that you pointed that out Ezookiel...

crybaby.jpg

LMAO

EDIT... ROFLMAO

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.