Neewer filters for p3standard - Video quality?

Reaction score
I have bought the neewer 4 pack filters (the slide on version with UV, cpl, nd16, nd2-400) for quite a while but I can still not determine about the quality of them (since I have no others to compare against). Truth is that despite tight budget, I would spend more money on filters if someone could guarantee better video results with another brand!

My first comment is related to the variable nd2-400 filter. I totally "ruined" some summer vacation footage because of the huge dark spots at the upper left and lower right corners and I personally think the filter is unusable (despite being practical).

Regarding the nd-16, last months I was flying along bright conditions and the neewer nd-16 with iso 100 and shutter speed 60 (2x30fps) would result +2.0 EV. I had the feeling that the nd-16 was a really "dark" filter. I managed to find only one comment at amazon that supports the idea that this particular nd-16 filter "looks" like an nd-4!

What is your experience with these filters (basically the neutral density ones). Which ones would you recommend??

And my last question: Would you keep the shutter speed at double the frame rate even if this resulted bright video (1.5 to 2.0 EV with ISO100 and this nd-16 filter) or would you adjust the shutter speed in order to get EV values around 0? I cannot stand this really smooth but sort of pixelated result at 2.7k resolution (because of the +2.0 EV overexposure) and I cannot successfully deal with it during color grading. (FHD at 60fps look more crappier)

example (not edited @fhd 60fps):

Ps. My usual settings : D-log, white balance: sunny, Custom -2,-2,-2, ISO 100, shutter speed 2x30fps, @2.7k 30fps , bitrate: 40000 kb/s

Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl