Need some RAW - DNG samples from Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi there,

Could someone please post some RAW - DNG files from Phantom 4 so I can compare them to P3. Various angles and lots of details like trees would be great.

You could send them via wetransfer.com or post them online somewhere :).

Thank you,

Yodani

Reactions: isopro
Hi Ramphex,
Thanks for the reply. I got the notification but can't see your message here. I would love too see those raw files.

Yodani

Here's a little break down of what's in the zip. There are the DNG files and the JPG files created by the aircraft/camera system on board. None of these have been edited. Some are shot with HDR on, all in 12MP.

0013 - Cloudy day, slow wind ~400ft up
0014 - Same as above
0017 - Same as above
0022 - Sunny with partial overcast, slow wind, ~400ft elevation from starting point at the car
0023 - Same as above
0024 - Same as above
0025 - Same as above, (start point on elevation by the car so no idea what the actual altitude is due to this building being at a lower altitude)
0026 - Same as above
0027 - Same as above
0030 - Approaching sunset on a clear day, ~400ft up
0039 - Syma & UDI rescue mission, approaching sunset, medium winds (that took the quads away), ~150ft up
0040 - Same as above
0041 - Same as above
0044 - Sunset, same day as above
0045 - Same as above
0046 - Same as above
0048 - Same as above
0049 - Same as above

Enjoy, wish these could provide you the answer you're looking for.

Dropbox - DNG for Yodani.zip

Reactions: yodani and isopro
id love to see the results of your investigation using multiple files, particularly about chromatic aberration close to highlight areas.

Here's a little break down of what's in the zip. There are the DNG files and the JPG files created by the aircraft/camera system on board. None of these have been edited. Some are shot with HDR on, all in 12MP.

0014 - Same as above
0017 - Same as above
0022 - Sunny with partial overcast, slow wind, ~400ft elevation from starting point at the car
0023 - Same as above
0024 - Same as above
0025 - Same as above, (start point on elevation by the car so no idea what the actual altitude is due to this building being at a lower altitude)
0026 - Same as above
0027 - Same as above
0039 - Syma & UDI rescue mission, approaching sunset, medium winds (that took the quads away), ~150ft up
0040 - Same as above
0041 - Same as above
0045 - Same as above
0046 - Same as above
0048 - Same as above
0049 - Same as above

Thank you a lot. I am downloading them now and try to develop a few to see if it will worth the buy as I am looking mostly to take pictures not video. I know Inspire is better in this respect but that is too large and too expensive for me. Hope you don't mind if I'm posting the develops here?

Cheers,
Yodani

A few quick develops in Photoshop Camera RAW show that the images produced by P4 are usable for small scale prints. They retain good detail and the sharpness edge to edge is better than previous phantoms.
There is still the problem of dead pixels but I heard it can be fixed with the DJI program or so.

Thank you Ramphex for the samples. I hope this will help others see the quality of pictures produced by P4.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
The original JPG

DJI_0022.JPG DJI_0023.JPG DJI_0030.JPG DJI_0048.JPG DJI_0049.JPG DJI_0022.JPG

0014 - Same as above
0017 - Same as above
0023 - Same as above
0024 - Same as above
0026 - Same as above
0027 - Same as above
0040 - Same as above
0041 - Same as above
0045 - Same as above
0046 - Same as above
0048 - Same as above
0049 - Same as above

Going to check these out. Thanks for sharing!

Took a while to download :eek:
Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 8.38.02 PM.png

Lol nice download speeds, my home internet is only 60Mbps/3Mbps down/up. Unfortunately for location I am, not much competition so really only one provider to choose from. Trying to upload anything at 3Mbps is painful. Can't complain much about the download speeds.

Seems as day time images developed better than night time images.

Interesting that the JPGs take so long to write to the card. I wonder if using a faster card helps? They also look like they have lens correction applied. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Yes I was, that does take quite a bit of time, but I believe that's only because RAW is enabled. I did it for the purposes of testing, will be disabling the RAW option as those files are rather large and I do not yet know how to properly develop them.

Lol nice download speeds, my home internet is only 60Mbps/3Mbps down/up. Unfortunately for location I am, not much competition so really only one provider to choose from. Trying to upload anything at 3Mbps is painful. Can't complain much about the download speeds.

Seems as day time images developed better than night time images.

We are fortunate to have fiber 1GB residential service, and it is super fast in either direction. I get to see the limitations of who I download from including dropbox :)

I played with the one with you and your car. Turned out good. Thanks again for sharing. I am still waiting on mine :/

Hi there,

Could someone please post some RAW - DNG files from Phantom 4 so I can compare them to P3. Various angles and lots of details like trees would be great.

You could send them via wetransfer.com or post them online somewhere :).

Thank you,

Yodani

Hi Yodani
I have created a page on my website where you can download a bunch of raw files Dji Phantom 4 pro raw dng images | Drone Lab Photography let me know what you think.

Cheers
Warren

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.